This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H1 days per week + mastery

Started by Guest, September 22, 2013 · 1 Replies · 159 Views

Guest

Right now I'm wanting to work H1 four days per week, each of them on my F1 days (2 days on, 1 rest, 2 days on, 2 rest).  I'm on 4x48s for PE2. So would it be okay to work H1 two days in a row, twice a week in addition to F1/F2 work + strenuous running every morning?

 

Also, when trying to master something, say PE2 (5x60s), can I have a failed set? Or does it need to be perfect straight through. And how much weight should I be doing on the iM? I'm thinking 10-15lbs.

 

Thanks in advance.

Jon Douglas

It's okay to fail sets during training (you just don't count them; everyone has bad balance days) but if you're having to do something like 10 sets to get 5 good ones, it's best to stay where you are for another microcycle to get that consistency up. It sucks, (trust me I know this feeling very well :)) but it totally pays off.

On the IM's the bare minimum is 3-5lb. This is because the focus is to mobilise and (re)gain full ROM in these directions, not lift a stack of weight. Once you move on, continue raising the weight in your warmups-- check the King of the Forum and the Weighted Dislocates threads for more details and ideas on progressing :)