I just want to clarify things when it comes to cycling between accumulation and intensification when training for maximal strength. When switching between accumulation and intensification is there ever a deload week? Or do you just go straight into intensification?
As for an accumulation itself how should volume be taken of? Are sets and reps kept constant? Or do you keep adding sets. As for intensification are sets and reps kept constant and increase weight every week or do you keep change the number of sets and add more and more weight after every workout? I just need some clarification for these two phases after looking at these two articles from poliquin.
http://www.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/945/How_to_Plan_Your_Workouts.aspx
Poliquin gives some good cycles for relative strength at the bottom of both articles yet he doesn't mention whether volume is kept constant for accumulation phases or if you add weight to the 5x5. Along with that I don't know if sets are worked up to during both phases or if you start straight off with them. Can someone clarify these points for me