This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 reboot - back to square one

Started by bgoods, September 21, 2013 · 2 Replies · 295 Views

bgoods

I started F1 earlier this year, and then added H1. Had a pretty good run of of it for a few mini-cycles. then work got busy towards the end of the summer, and my stress load went through the roof, my recovery dipped, so I temporarily cut back my training to  bare minimum maintenance mode. work has now calmed down a bit and I have finally been getting back to training regularly.

 

as I am getting ramped up on my next training block, i had several key moments of realizing that I had made the rookie mistake of jumping ahead with out fully mastering the basics. so as i jump back in, I have set about retesting every PE & iM from level one, and confirmed for myself that I indeed have more work to do on some of the movements to truly achieve mastery.

 

so my new level/work plan is:

FL PE2/iM 2 Week 5

sPl PE2/iM 2 Week 5

HBP PE2/iM Week 9

RC PE1/iM1 Week 9 ( irealized when i tested the fist time, I perfomed incorrrectly with my butt on the ground, after reading the forum discussion, realized hips should off the ground, and when i retested I failed on the 4th set!)

 

MN PE1/iM1 Week5

SL PE1/iM Week 1 (arch body hold is my kryptonite!)

SLS PE1/imM 1 Deck Squat Week 5 (even though i can have a few pistols, i  cant perfom all the iM in the series, and a few week back twisted my knee a bit, so i am going back to the beginning and rebuilding)

 

I am starting off slow and holding off on adding the H1 until my next mini-cycle so as to not bite off more than i can chew. my biggest challenge is long-term focus and consistency, so I am making that my top priority.

 

and big props to the GB team for the recent promo and marketing work, the FB page looks great!  I have regularly been sharing posts to my friends and clients.

 

Michael Borregaard
bgoods said:

 

RC PE1/iM1 Week 9 ( irealized when i tested the fist time, I perfomed incorrrectly with my butt on the ground, after reading the forum discussion, realized hips should off the ground, and when i retested I failed on the 4th set!)

 

Very cool. It is indeed a bit hard to enforce perfect style when training at home. Anyway, I think it is official the forum derailed on this one. The video clearly shows the hips on the ground. Start slightly hollow, with glutes and shoulders off the ground, just to make sure the abs are contracted and cannot assist the exercise, then just sit up.

Jon Douglas

Cool :) good luck with it all. Keep us posted!