This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1>iM & MN/PE1>iM

Started by fazool, September 20, 2013 · 1 Replies · 150 Views

fazool

I just started the Foundation One course this week. I need some advice/encouragement related to the deck squat and the windmills.

I have never attempted the deck squat before. I am encountering difficulty with the return movement to the starting position. Specifically, I am unable to return to the upright position. I am sure with practice I will improve.

the windmill is challenging, especially on the right side due to tightness related to a shoulder injury. In the past, using kettlebells, I was able to progress slowly. I attempted them with a 12 lb kettlebell. After the first set I had to resort to doing them with no weight. I was very tight.

Any suggestions, especially with the deck squat would be greatly appreciated. I know both will come with time.

Mats Trane

Do a search in the F1 Forum. Lots of info and tips!

For the deck squats. As you com forward think about:

Getting your feet as close to your butt as possible

At the same time reach forward with straight arms.

Also make sure to keep your eyes on a focale point.