Possible to gain muscle/strength whilst losing fat?

Started by Shia, September 19, 2013 · 26 Replies · 11,675 Views

Riku Calderón
LateStarter@46 said:

Thanks  :) 

I won't mention that part of my job is being a proof reader  :o

:D LOL :D

Riku Calderón
Robert Frase said:

 

Animal fat is not bad in and of itself, but what the animal eats will make a difference. Grass-fed animal fat has a very different fatty acid composition than grain-fed, for example. At home, I eat very fatty grass-fed meat. However, when I eat out (and don't know where the meat comes from), I eat the leanest meat possible (e.g. filet, skinless chicken, etc).

 

Some good fats that I stick to are:

Animal fat (ideally from grass-fed ruminants)

Butter (ideally from grass-fed cows, KerryGold is a popular brand)

Avocado

Coconut (milk, oil, etc)

Nuts (in moderation)

Olive oil (but for cold uses only, not for cooking)

Ghee

Full-fat dairy (again, ideally grass-fed, raw is good as well)

Eggs, meat, seafood in general, but favor free-range/pastured, grass-fed and wild, respectively.

 

Fats to avoid (man-made & highly processed):

margarine

hydrogenated oils

trans-fat

canola oil

corn oil

vegetable oil

soybean oil

grapeseed oil

sunflower oil

safflower oil

I'm sure I'm missing some.

 

This!! All day!!!