This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 and >iM for evaluation

Started by Chris Moody, September 19, 2013 · 1 Replies · 100 Views

Chris Moody

Okay, this element I feel will take me forever. First the tuck ups.

 

MN PE1

 

This is my maximum compression. On the fourth rep, I pull my knees in to show how compressed I could get. Neither seems like it's close to mastery. I don't know how to press on that. It seems like I need to loosen up and release and stretch everything between the spine and the knees. Does that seem accurate?

 

MN PE1>iM

 

On these, from the first angle, I do a couple keeping my back as flat I can. Then I do some wherein I allow my lower back to round. Which is correct? The second angle is one with flat back and one without. Any suggestions or clarifications?

Keilani Gutierrez

good going chris!

on the tuck ups, i can identify with you, i got some pelvic tilt. so i agree with you, do some rolling and stretching. you'll notice that releasing the tension on the muscles with the rolling will make you feel better prepared to do active engagin of your muscles to initiate the stretches, not forcing yourself into shapes. what i mean by this is the diff between a rounded back qnd a flat back for a hamstring stretch. which you probably know the jist of from doing the windmills differently. :)

as for the windmills, how are your feet placed? i found that if i place my feet facing forward and then turning one foot 90 degrees, doing that helped me stretch the hamstring and focus on the internal rotation of the shoulder instead of it being an "either/or" kind of thing.

let me know what you think about that on your next sesh