This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE1 for evaluation

Started by Chris Moody, September 19, 2013 · 11 Replies · 346 Views

Chris Moody

I'm just making sure this looks okay. I'm not yet strong in the position but I wanted to make sure I was arched enough.

 

SL PE1

LateStarter@46

Dang! That is so unfair!

 

 

Great ROM Chris  :)

TANSTAAFL

Agreed. Arch less :P .

Keilani Gutierrez

I propose that you try it -without- allowing your knees to bend. think of how much you dislike me for saying that after trying it ^_^

Chris Moody
KeilaniG said:

I propose that you try it -without- allowing your knees to bend. think of how much you dislike me for saying that after trying it ^_^

As in contract my quadriceps? And therefore only allow my glutes to extend my hips? I just tried that and I can't get my legs very high. I could barely get 24 seconds with my previous form.

Keilani Gutierrez

mhm, if you bend your knee, you're giving the illusion of hip extension.

i noticed that in a form check i reviewed from some workouts. lay prone(stomach down) lock your knees and lift with straight knees. it will blow your mind!

Jon Douglas

Locked knees are mandatory unless you have a note from your doctor :)

David Rioux
Jon Douglas said:

Locked knees are mandatory unless you have a note from your doctor :)

My Doctor won't give me a note, so I guess I'm stuck practicing with locked knees. Gluts are on fire. Anyone have a fire extinguisher?

Jon Douglas
David Rioux said:

My Doctor won't give me a note, so I guess I'm stuck practicing with locked knees. Gluts are on fire. Anyone have a fire extinguisher?

That is the fire of improvement. When it dies down, you find progress in the coals ;)

TANSTAAFL
Jon Douglas said:

That is the fire of improvement. When it dies down, you find progress in the coals ;)

I usually just find ash and rock among the disconcerting smell of burnt body hair...but results may vary.

Jon Douglas
TANSTAAFL said:

I usually just find ash and rock among the disconcerting smell of burnt body hair...but results may vary.

You guys are nuts. I wanna party with you :D

David Rioux

In a bed of coals I find steel softened enough to be forged!