This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Branding of GB Equipment

Started by Cole Dano, September 19, 2013 · 9 Replies · 26 Views

Cole Dano

Coach and I hashed over some possible names for the gear end of GB.

 

There were two lines of thought on this:

 

One is to call it - Gymnastic Bodies Gear (or Equipment...)

 

the other is to use the name from the rings and call it - Extreme Gear by Gymnastic Bodies

 

What do you all think? Any better ideas?

Cory Fair

Why not do both? Call it GymnasticBodies Gear when referring to equipment and label each individual piece as "Xtreme." E.g. Xtreme Stall Bars, Xtreme Rings, Xtreme Power Levers.

Orench Lagman

I like GB-Gear. It has a ring to it.

 

Since we are using different rings we could just get rid of the xtreme totally. Just re-brand the new rings as GB Gear-rings. And launch GB Gear- Stahl bars. GB Gear-power levers.

 

To me xtreme, has a slight meathead tone to it. Like Rouge Fitness or RAGE fitness. Seems like were focusing on foundation work at this point and we don't want to confuse them with a strong word like xtreme.  We teach progressions and mobility not xtreme workouts.

 

We need to let the two letters, GB stand stronger in the future from a branding standpoint . This will help.  Anyways, Coach is leaving xtreme. 

 

We could logo/brand that on the actual product, and use an off shoot from the original (GB) logo and just add the name of equipment. 

Cole Dano

Good points Orench,

 

I just want to verify, you mean GB as in the initials GB? I actually like the ring of that too.

 

I have to sleep on dumping the Xtreme name from the rings, in any case we have 500 pairs that still have the Xtreme label stamped in.

 

I'd think about keeping that as a legacy thing, it's still a know product, but then maybe with the new stuff coming out look to a other possibilities.

Coach Sommer
Cole Dano said:

 

I have to sleep on dumping the Xtreme name from the rings, in any case we have 500 pairs that still have the Xtreme label stamped in.

 

1,000 pairs; the rings are packaged in pairs and the inventory shows the number of ring 'packages' on hand.

Cole Dano

yikes, that means we want 2,000 straps not 1,000, right?

Coach Sommer

Yes.  

Cole Dano

I'll let Roller Cam know ASAP

 

Alos just got off the line with a friend who owns a clothing company. He says he can help us the label maker.

Coach Sommer

No need to contact Roller Cam.  Let us review their samples first to ensure that the quality of their product meets our standards.

Cole Dano

Ok