Hello everyone.
I am currently playing with new exercises and testing maximums prior to my next steady state training cycle.
This evening I tried L-pullups for the first time, not expecting too much of a challenge as I am reasonably strong at pullups.
What I found was a bizarre shoulder weakness at a single point in the exercise.
As I started the pull, there was a point just above the dead hang position where both of my shoulders seemed to "pop" and lose all strength. It almost felt as if I needed to 'catch' the movement in order to continue the exercise, which proceeded with no problem. The same feeling also occured on the way down, but less pronounced and more controllable.
Does anybody know what this is, and has anybody else experienced it? Is there a way to stop/overcome this, or should I probably stick to another variation? (no other pulling exercise seems to do this).
Many thanks,
Mike