This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 MN/PE1 IM Stiff Leg Windmill dumbell weight and reps ?

Started by DaleS, September 18, 2013 · 6 Replies · 250 Views

DaleS

I'm starting Foundation 1 at week 1 PE1. How heavy a dumbell do I use for MN/PE1 IM Stiff Leg Windmill and should I do 5 reps per set (mastery) with a lighter dumbell or follow the same rep / set scheme as MN/PE1 (3x3r), but with a heavier dumbbell? 

 

How do I determine how heavy a dumbell to use?

 

I'm quite fit but absolutely new to GS training.

 

Thx,

 

Dale.

Keilani Gutierrez

Hey Dale :)

for the iM's, you'll follow the prescribed number of reps(if it says 5 and the iM is done with one arm, that means 5 reps for each, if its for time, like 30 seconds, that same applies)

for the iM weight, the absolute lower limit is 3kg, using the iM as rest is the key, so you're not gonna go for maximum effort here

Bipocni
KeilaniG said:

....using the iM as rest is the key....

Tell that to the Xiaopengs...

gohei_
Bipocni said:

Tell that to the Xiaopengs...

And the Skiers.

Keilani Gutierrez

or any place else we lack mobility :P

as you start gaining mobility, the iM between sets seem to get easier and easier. i've come to love'm

FredInChina
gohei_ said:

And the Skiers.

and the 2x10 half donkey kicks!

LateStarter@46
DaleS said:

I'm starting Foundation 1 at week 1 PE1. How heavy a dumbell do I use for MN/PE1 IM Stiff Leg Windmill and should I do 5 reps per set (mastery) with a lighter dumbell or follow the same rep / set scheme as MN/PE1 (3x3r), but with a heavier dumbbell? 

 

How do I determine how heavy a dumbell to use?

 

I'm quite fit but absolutely new to GS training.

 

Thx,

 

Dale.

I would do the rep scheme set for the iM and use a dumbell you feel comfortable with - weight is needed to activate the muscles but it is not a strength movement. No straining or swinging is allowed.

I used 3Kg at first but found it painful for my dodgy shoulder, so have dropped down to 2Kg with no pain and hope to increase the weight as the body adjusts.