Hi all. I've been interested in integrating the L-shape body position into a lot of my movements, as well as making dips more taxing on the triceps. So I tried doing L-sit dips.
Sounded easy enough. But I can't get to the bottom position if I try to maintain a perfect 90-degree L-shape with legs parallel to the ground and with the elbows pointing backwards, it feels like my shoulders reached their limits. Does this happen to other people or can I work around this?
I can go all the way day if I keep legs parallel to the ground but sacrifice the perfect 90-degree L and adapt an acute body pike angle. But when I do then my shoulders rise up to my ears (at bottom position).
Which is another question of mine. If you can do L-sit dips, should you keep your shoulders depressed throughout the entire movement? I can do L-sit dips with elbows flared out but I really want to do elbows in if possible.
Please help, thanks.