This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rings vs Straight bar on RC progression

Started by bigB, September 18, 2013 · 7 Replies · 304 Views

bigB
I'm curious whether is makes a difference to use rings instead of a straight bar for the RC progressions.

I don't have a high straight bar chin station setup.

 

RC/PE6 Bent arm chin hang

Ravn

For the static hang, put a broomstick through the rings, that might do it.

Bipocni

You're going to need a straight bar for the exercises in F2.

 

 

Ravn said:

For the static hang, put a broomstick through the rings, that might do it.

Genius.  Do you trust this for straight bar dips?

gohei_
Ravn said:

For the static hang, put a broomstick through the rings, that might do it.

I have done pullovers with this technique. I was swinging all over the place lol.

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

You're going to need a straight bar for the exercises in F2.

Genius. Do you trust this for straight bar dips?

I've done straight bar dips with a pipe on these. Not sure Id trust em for Korean dips though, bit of a swing in those.

Ravn
Bipocni said:

You're going to need a straight bar for the exercises in F2.

 

 

Genius.  Do you trust this for straight bar dips?

Not in the slightest! It MAY work for static hangs though. Discretion advised :)

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

I've done straight bar dips with a pipe on these. Not sure Id trust em for Korean dips though, bit of a swing in those.

Feel like testing this out?

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Feel like testing this out?

Not in the slightest!