Hello, All
I am an (almost!) 37 year old non-gymnast with an athletic background and a lifelong interest in bodyweight strength work. I have incorporated gymnastic exercises into my training since way back when the original planche/front lever article appeared.
I have recently completed my first integrated training steady state cycle, from which I have learnt a lot.
My question is with regards to the planning of my next training period.
In BtGB, embedded static training seems to take the form of moving to a more difficult embedded hold each week. Should this protocol be followed for an integrated steady state cycle? Or should an embedded hold be chosen that is challenging at week one and then maintained over the duration of the cycle (as per the other variables)? I am thinking the latter, as some of the later moves will be quite tricky for me, with the effect of increasing intensity each session as the cycle develops.
Also, do people generally follow the protocol of half the amount of your maximum time as a working protocol for the 1-2 static holds in an integrated cycle?
Many thanks!
Mike