I received some alarming blood glucose results back recently, which put me just within pre-diabetic ranges. I'm 27 and very active, so I'm a bit freaked out. I'll admit, I don't have a regular cardio regime and work an office desk 9-5, but I still practice F1 four days a week and play volleyball, tennis, and other park sports in my off time.
I'm wondering what the hell kind of dietary changes I'm supposed to make, since there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there. One source will say to stay away from saturated fats and red meat, while another will claim that the saturated fat issue is contentious. The same goes for arguments revolving around starchy carbs and whole grain carbs... I try to avoid whole grain wheat and stick to white rice and potatoes, but now I'm hearing that's not a good idea. Can anyone give me some sort of organizing dietary principles to keep in mind when deciding what to eat? My primary just gave me a brochure containing the SAD and said to get more veggies and eat whole grain bread... /facepalm.
Rob