This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to build my routine

Started by puertogalera1994, September 17, 2013 · 3 Replies · 99 Views

puertogalera1994

Hey Guys,

 

some days ago i read F1 and now i want to bring it to practice. After reading the chapter in F1 about Program Design I'm a little bit confused and don't really know how to start now. My primer goal is a basic strenght foundation and a good looking pysique. 

I would say i'm in the beginner stadium, I'm able to do 10 wide ring pullups, 5 ring dips and hold die L-Sit for about 10 secounds. I got a pair of Rings and because of a working holiday time in Australia, i won't take any other equipment with me.

I thought workin trough the progressions of the basics (pull-ups,dips,squat,rows,leg raise, l-sit and superman holds) will be the best for me. the levers and stuff like this i won't put focus on now. I'm not that stupid kid which have no clue about how to build a routine, but afer reading many other books about bw training there is too much information, so i would be really happy to get some advise from people with more experience then myself.

 

I hope you can give me some advise

 

Greetings from Germany

 

Joshua Slocum

I think you've misunderstood what Foundation 1 is. F1 is not a guide for creating your own program. It's a program that's been laid out for you. All you have to do is follow it. 

ChrisUK

Sure, if you do not know where your current abilities are at, then start at the very beginning for each one. (You actually need to do this any way, so it works out perfectly!)

 

Start at the very first prep element for each skill, and if you can pass the mastery test (given underneath the video), and you can also pass the mastery test for the integrated mobility element that is paired with the prep element, then you may pass on to the next prep element. 

 

The purpose of the foundation series is to build an incredible foundation with which to work from. To give you an idea, I can do muscle-ups, back-levers, nearly full front levers, one arm pushups, and some other moves considered intermediate to advanced (by some, by gymnasts these are all basic and not even noteworthy). Despite that, I still started at prep elements for each element except SLS, because I could still gain massive benefit from doing so. The main point here is that while I have the ability to do these moves, it does not mean that I should be doing them. When I get to them again after foundation then they will be a breeze to perform, whereas currently they are exhausting for me to do.

Riku Calderón

I suggest that you simply read all the chapters before the exercises again. And after that you came back and we will help you kindly. I promise that it is all laid out there.