I found this on You Tube; it's kind of a reverse cross. Would this exercise be useful in training the iron cross on the rings?
Started by Justin Rawley, February 18, 2009 · 7 Replies · 2,477 Views
I found this on You Tube; it's kind of a reverse cross. Would this exercise be useful in training the iron cross on the rings?
It's not for iron cross and it's not reverse iron cross. It's more for inverted cross (especialy if you trun your palms up).
Reverse iron cross is harder then iron cross
reverse iron cross should be a cross-press to support :wink:
Whole point is to push something down (sideways). Go under high bar or any bar, throw over elastic band start doing cross-presses. If have good imagination you could use cables with weights in the same way (with this, you could meassure your progress and make your progressions even more precise). But this must not be the main exercise for cross. Main exercise is always "goal exercise" when it's possible.
Wow, more than 2 years after this topic... but didn't want to spam and create another topic.. ![]()
I don't have rings at home but I have dumbbells, will this exercise and also the same but beginning down help me with the iron cross?
I have access 2 times week to the gym with rings but I wanted to practice a bit at home too and I was wondering if I this would help me ![]()
Thanks in advance :wink:
a little with smart training. Because it's not exactly the same as doing it on rings.
http://gymnasticswod.com/content/mon-0418
You can also look up Coach's old article on Tnation about using DB for Iron Cross.
It's fun to do, except you will need either adjustable DB or lots of various sizes of them.
Thanks for your replies!
I was thinking about doing that exercises like 3 sets of 3-5 seconds and when I could do 3 sets of 5 seconds easily, I would increase 1kg in each hand (I have adjustable dumbbells). What do you think?
Blairbob, I saw in your link Dumbbell Planche Throughs. Would this help with maltese?
that's the idea but remember its only one of many assistance exercises.
Yes, of course! Thanks for your help Blairbob and Gregor! ![]()