This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1 for evaluation

Started by Chris Moody, September 16, 2013 · 7 Replies · 282 Views

Chris Moody

The Rope Climb stuff.

 

RC PE1 Hinge Rows

Okay, the hinge row threads got my all confused so I settled on doing them with only my heels touching the ground. I'm not even sure if that's easier or harder now that I stop and think about it. Most importantly, is it correct? I let myself protract at the bottom of the rep, that's correct...right? Anyway, be harsh and clear, I won't be offended. Except about the fatness.

Jon Douglas

1) You should try to keep a flat (slightly hollow) body at the bottom, it's necessary for any of the suspended row variations going forward.

2) It's not too bad, just avoid bracing yourself against the ground with your legs and you'll be ok. In this video it looks like you are taking some weight off the pull by doing this. In my opinion you are too high and a bit too far forward-- I am seeing more of a sit-up than a pull in your motion.

3) No worries about self-consciousness, dude. Take it from me ;)

Chris Moody
Jon Douglas said:

1) You should try to keep a flat (slightly hollow) body at the bottom, it's necessary for any of the suspended row variations going forward.

Are you referring to the arch in my low back? That appears to be a theme in all the elements so I'm working on that now.

 

 

Jon Douglas said:

2) It's not too bad, just avoid bracing yourself against the ground with your legs and you'll be ok. In this video it looks like you are taking some weight off the pull by doing this. In my opinion you are too high and a bit too far forward-- I am seeing more of a sit-up than a pull in your motion.

 

I don't know precisely what you mean about bracing my legs. I have a weight against the wall to keep me from sliding forward. I feel like I need friction or I just slide toward the wall. Should it look the same on a frictionless surface? As in, should I not feel like I'm going to slide? That's also why I am as far forward as I am.

 

 

Jon Douglas said:
3) No worries about self-consciousness, dude. Take it from me ;)

I'm joking, it's a matter of time now before it's gone. Time, vegetables and sprints.

Jon Douglas

1. Yes.

2. Looking at your video, I see more of a sit up than a pull. You look like you are bracing with your legs (out of shot) on some reps. Try to get more of your weight on the pull (with your heels lightly on the ground) than on your feet.

Bipocni

If it helps, my heels come off the ground on a lot of my reps.  It's literally the only exercise in F1 I have shoes on for, just to try to stop my feet sliding around.

TANSTAAFL
Bipocni said:

If it helps, my heels come off the ground on a lot of my reps.  It's literally the only exercise in F1 I have shoes on for, just to try to stop my feet sliding around.

I use those little rubber grips for taking off the lids of glass jars. Perfect size to 2 heels...I think you can pick this up at most grocery stores or, of course, on the interwebz.

Riku Calderón

i keep my bottom slightly touching the ground. No weight on it. Like in the video.

federicoC

I think a key here is the starting position. I would lower the rings slightly, that should help you getting in a better starting position. It does not look bad to me, you are on the right track. When I do them, I noticed I can pull myself a bit further than what you do. Next time I will record the element if I have the time.