This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

exercise order

Started by Sol Amarpreet, September 15, 2013 · 14 Replies · 578 Views

Sol Amarpreet

Hi all. Firstly congratulations to the entire GymnasticBodies team for making a wonderful product. It truly was worth the wait.

I have a question regarding H1.

 

Am I to do the WP,FKP,WR and FTP one by one during a workout or a giant set?

 

For e.g If I have 3x5r for all these exercises should i do each one of them individually with no rest in b/w or as a giant set where I do one set of each of the exercises and repeat.

 

Sorry but I couldn't find this anywhere in the book.

Thanks.

Keilani Gutierrez
The Invincible Sun said:

Hi all. Firstly congratulations to the entire GymnasticBodies team for making a wonderful product. It truly was worth the wait.

I have a question regarding H1.

 

Am I to do the WP,FKP,WR and FTP one by one during a workout or a giant set?

 

For e.g If I have 3x5r for all these exercises should i do each one of them individually with no rest in b/w or as a giant set where I do one set of each of the exercises and repeat.

 

Sorry but I couldn't find this anywhere in the book.

Thanks.

you can giant set them or do them one by one. :)

 

i do them giant set, WP, FKP, WR, FTP, repeat

Bipocni

I do them WP, WR, FKP, FTP so that I don't need to reset my hand position so many times.  I do them in a giant set and include a set of dislocates as the rest period after every set.

Sol Amarpreet

Thanks guys. I wonder why its not written in the book. Thanks again

FredInChina
The Invincible Sun said:

Thanks guys. I wonder why its not written in the book. Thanks again

 

hehehe, it is in the book... read it again :)

Ádám Ficsór
FredInChina said:

hehehe, it is in the book... read it again :)

I can't find it anywhere either.

The Invincible Sun said:

Am I to do the WP,FKP,WR and FTP one by one during a workout or a giant set?

I think it doesn't really matter, but this is a decision what everybody has to make, because it's not specified in the book. You have two options. Giant set the wrist exercises or not.

There are two way to see it.

-If your main goal is to stronger your wrists not giant setting them may be more appropriate.

-But if your main goal is to warming up for the handstand exercise than you would want to giant set them.

But again, it is probably overthinking and in the end it doesn't really matter.

ausswe

I don't understand why you think doing them as a giant set wouldn't be as appropriate to strengthen the wrists.

Ádám Ficsór
ausswe said:

I don't understand why you think doing them as a giant set wouldn't be as appropriate to strengthen the wrists.

It's a common principle that you don't utilize giant sets when you want to learn a movement. It's because you can concetrate 1 movement pattern at once and it is more benefical than if you would mix movements.

After all I think it doesn't really matter in this context because they're not that difficult movements and they're the same over time so it wouldnt make that much difference. And strengthening the wrist are a need and not a main skill so I would utilize it rather as giant sets for warming up. (for better circulation in the blood or whatever)

Sol Amarpreet
FredInChina said:

hehehe, it is in the book... read it again :)

Lol dunno how i missed it then. I ll read again and see.

FredInChina

Maybe that was in the forum after all... :)

Here:

 

Coach Sommer said:

As the programming for the wrist work is soft rather than regimented, the structuring of the wrist exercises is up to you. With my own athletes we have done both giant sets and also one exercise at a time.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

It won't hurt anyone to read again the H1 course anyway! ;)

Sol Amarpreet

Thanks Fred for the find. I did them giant set twice now. Still as the rep counts increase in the coming weeks, will experiment with the single at a time and see how much that works my wrists out.

Bipocni
The Invincible Sun said:

Thanks Fred for the find. I did them giant set twice now. Still as the rep counts increase in the coming weeks, will experiment with the single at a time and see how much that works my wrists out.

The problem with that is rest times would get out of hand.  You'd either be doing the one really long set, or you would be taking up to 5 times as much rest as with a giant set...

Sol Amarpreet
Bipocni said:

The problem with that is rest times would get out of hand.  You'd either be doing the one really long set, or you would be taking up to 5 times as much rest as with a giant set...

Its just that I do them one after the other without any rest in bw. As in I do WP them FKP then followed by WR and FTPs then immediately repeat the same thing over for the required number of times. The only rest is the time to change over to the next excercise and nothing more.

If the above is too much rest how do you advise i do them one exercise at a time. For eg. should I do one set of WP and then immediately reset hand position and repeat for the desired number of times?

Bipocni

No you don't understand.  If you're doing 5x5 of one exercise without any rest, you're really doing 1x25 for that exercise.  Since you're supposed to be doing 5x5, you either have to do them in a circuit or take a lot of rest times.

Ádám Ficsór
Bipocni said:

The problem with that is rest times would get out of hand.  You'd either be doing the one really long set, or you would be taking up to 5 times as much rest as with a giant set...

At first I wasn't utilized giant sets. It took so long and was very annoying, but I thought this whole program is not about impatience:) After a few month I made my mind and switched to giant sets for the reasons I outlined above and I enjoyed it much more.

However at the beginning I wasn't familiar with the wrist movements and I think in giant sets would have been so much harder to learn them.