This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Akrajen's workout log

Started by Justin Rawley, February 18, 2009 · 102 Replies · 9,522 Views

Justin Rawley

While away, I did most of the same things I was doing here.

I usually hung the rings from a swingset and tied the swings out of the way. Depending on the height of the swingset, I often did pushups and FL rows as my push-pull variant, which ended up being most of the time. My other push-pull variant consisted of dips and pullups (when the swingset was tall enough). If there was no swingset, I used a turniquet (one of those rug-beater bars) and would usually do some kind of pull-overs on this as well. I have continued with skin the cats, FL pulls, FL, and BL, and cross variants (rubber band assisted, jump to cross, cross negative, etc). Cardio included cycling (when I had access to a bike) and walking around a lot with a backpack on. As usual, I warmed up with rubber bands and/or static poses.

I have trained on rings three times since I have been home:

2 x using pushups-FL rows as push pull variant and 1 x using dips-pullups.

The other exercises included FL and rubber band assisted crosses.

Yesterday's workout:

7 mile brisk walk (morning)

strength training (evening)

10 minute treadmill walk to warmup.

static holds, rubber band work, joint mobs.

8, 7, 7 Bulgarian pushups with partial pseudomaltese.

7, 6, 6 rubber band assisted crosses.

FL work.

5, 7, 7, 5 FL rows.

bungee speed bag work.

short medicine ball session (10 lbs only)

stretching.

Justin Rawley

Still following the same basic routine as before. Here's a progress video of the iron cross. Here we have less assistance than in the first video, one more rep, slower technique and no false grip.

zRpFGC505kw

Today's workout was 3 rounds of:

5 band assisted iron crosses

8 strict Bulgarian push-ups

7 FL tuck rows

7 minutes treadmill, static poses, rubber band warmups and 1 x 5 archer pushups preceded; stretching and 2 x 10 wall extensions concluded this session.

Justin Rawley

After 6 months living in Minsk, Belarus and 6 weeks in Hajnówka, Poland, I'm back in the U.S. While in Minsk, I trained at Bagira Fitness Centre in Independence Square but I didn't have a very fast internet connection so I didn't post anything. Today I have some new recordings.

Archer Pushups:

DZcPg648_8Y

Airplanes (from the knees): This one's still a little difficult so I haven't yet graduated to the feet.

BGJHOLIj3Vk

Bar Traversal: watch out Ninja Warriors... er, just kidding.

BTbX3tY01w0