This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question Regarding Training

Started by Leo Trinidad, September 14, 2013 · 12 Replies · 395 Views

Leo Trinidad

There is no doubt about the foundation series & the handstand 1. I have never felt this kind strength increase, mobility in my whole life. I thought starting of late will become a factor but i was wrong. I love doing the foundation series along with the handstand 1.
 

I know that if I attend the GB seminar, a lot of my questions will be answered but as of now, I can't afford to go to one yet.

 

Now the question is, Is it normal that as you progress further in the harder elements that the other elements will be left behind? This made me think that as you get stronger, the progress will get slower and slower and that some elements will really be left behind. I am not thinking about plateau or anything because there is progress but as I progress in the other elements, some are getting slowy left behind and is repeated and repeated in a microcyle. Am I on the right track?

Thanks. Feedback are most welcome.


 

Keilani Gutierrez

where do you currently find yourself in the F series and what exactly is being left behind?

Jon Douglas

This is generally pretty normal. Of course your weak links will be in different places for different things. It sounds like you are worried about something in particular though, what's bugging you?

Leo Trinidad

example:

 

RC PE6 is left constantly in a microcycle from week 5-8 because i can't finish the 5th set of week 7
as I progress in the harder elements of the other PEs of Foundation One and Handstand 1
 

Leo Trinidad
Jon Douglas said:

This is generally pretty normal. Of course your weak links will be in different places for different things. It sounds like you are worried about something in particular though, what's bugging you?

nothing really, i guess just the patience and the itch to try the other elements.

William

what you noticed is just as normal as it can be, in every exercise you will reach a point to stuck at. just do your exercises and you will be fine, the body is not all about mathematics, some things are improving faster than others and so on.

Leo Trinidad
William said:

what you noticed is just as normal as it can be, in every exercise you will reach a point to stuck at. just do your exercises and you will be fine, the body is not all about mathematics, some things are improving faster than others and so on.

thanks. the battle is with myself then... as usual. =D

Bipocni

As you progress in some elements, you will be working harder before you do your later elements.  Even though your numbers aren't going up, you're still getting stronger.

William
Leo Trinidad said:

thanks. the battle is with myself then... as usual. =D

i know this, trust me, justed ended my first week with f1, i will definitly drag behind with arch body hold for loooooong :D

But that's because i never did an exercise like this, differntly to push ups or pull ups.

wheezer

+1. I've started PE3 with some movements, and still on PE1 week 4 with the ABH.

Bipocni
wheezer said:

+1. I've started PE3 with some movements, and still on PE1 week 4 with the ABH.

I thought I could muscle out week 8, but then someone cut my rest time in half....

wheezer

I'm constantly reminding myself that the harder something is, the more improvement in condition I get to enjoy with it. Just think how far our lower back/glutes will have come by the time we reach 5x60s! This could well be the most transformative element many of us will ever enjoy.

gohei_
wheezer said:

I'm constantly reminding myself that the harder something is, the more improvement in condition I get to enjoy with it. Just think how far our lower back/glutes will have come by the time we reach 5x60s! This could well be the most transformative element many of us will ever enjoy.

I agree. In a way I'm kinda glad I suck so much at some of the PE1 just cuz I know once I finish just F1 I'll be several times stronger than what I am right now. A lot more limber as well.