This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Official Rest Intervals for HS-PE

Started by Jason Stein, September 13, 2013 · 6 Replies · 319 Views

Jason Stein

Hello-

 

I understand the rest intervals in the Foundation courses consist of the time required to perform the integrated mobility.

 

I also understand that HS-SE are considered skill work, and as such slightly longer rest intervals are allowed.

 

Do I treat the HS-PE in the same manner as the Foundation exercises --- that is, the rest is only to be the reps of integrated mobility?

 

Or can I treat it as the Handstand SE, and allow 1-2 minutes to perform the IM, shake out, and then re-set?

 

Specifically I am able to complete HS-PE10 with 1-2 minutes rest, but find it more challenging to complete 5 sets with 5-10 seconds of PE10>im between.

 

Thank you,

jason

 

 

Joshua Slocum

Since the PE's are mostly strength/conditioning, I personally do it with no rest. 

Keilani Gutierrez

same

Alessandro Mainente

i think that since is a skill training you have to put all the effort in quality and the body needs to adapt to the new position adjusting second by second the new balance sensation. the fact that you can wait between skills (influenced by technique) is necessary to permit to focus on the skill, imagine it and actively build up the mental condition to do perfect work. every time you fail you need 3 perfect attempts to correct the movement. so take your time UNTIL skills will be an habit, then move the skills work on conditioning work.

When it's time to learn, learn balance, core activation, skills entrance, take your time. when confidence is built up move to minimum rest.

Jon Douglas

The earlier ones i banged out without worrying about rest times. Now i am working on holds for time.and ingraining a position, not trying to condition per se, so I am taking somewhat longer rests and doing many more sets based on how i feel as i go. Seems to be coming along, but time will tell

ausswe

For me my goal is toe entirely do it with little to no rest as I think that would be ideal but not sacrifice the quality of my work so take the rest when needed but try to lessen it as time goes on.

Jason Stein

Thank you all for your responses.

 

Josh's (and Keilani's) were the most helpful.

 

I performed HSPE-10 at the end of my session today as conditioning, with HS-PE10im as the rest, and did not require additional rest.

 

thanks,

jason