This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The question pops up again

Started by Riku Calderón, September 13, 2013 · 27 Replies · 1,180 Views

Riku Calderón

I´m in self doubt :D

 

I have done IMs in PE1 level like this:

 

FL/PE1>IM Cat caw 5 reps total

sPL/PE1>IM swivel hips 5 reps per side

SL/PE1>IM Standing hip Circle 10 5 per side. So 10 total

MN/PE1>IM Stiff leg Windmill 5 reps per side. So 10 total

SLS/PE1>IM Skiers 10 reps total alternating sides.

HBP/PE1>IM German arm Swing 10 reps total alternating sides

RC/PE1>IM Upright lat lean 30s per side. So 60s in total

 

Now the last one is why i have the doubt. The "rest" between Hinge row sets seems pretty long. Am i doubling the IM now?

 

Thank you all again for laughing at me :D

 

Cody Ward

No, you're doing it right, it's 30s each side.

Jon Douglas

You're fine. Sometimes it turns out this way :)

Bipocni

Wait what.  I thought it was 30s rest total.  You don't lean to one side for the PE1>IM.  Right?

 

Please don't tell me I've been doing it wrong all this time.   :facepalm:

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Wait what.  I thought it was 30s rest total.  You don't lean to one side for the PE1>IM.  Right?

 

Please don't tell me I've been doing it wrong all this time.   :facepalm:

But you do stretch one lat at a time.

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

But you do stretch one lat at a time.

Really?  I thought it was an upright lat lean, not a bent sideways lat lean.

 

I assumed you kept a neutral spine and put the pressure on both lats at once.

Jon Douglas

With one arm?

Are you thinking of im5 or am i just confused?

Bipocni

No I'm thinking IM1.

 

You know, for the hinge rows.

LateStarter@46

I thought the iM was 30s per side in an upright torso position (so a total of 60s, then back to the PE), though I did have doubts at first because you can't see what the other arm is doing in the video.

gohei_
Bipocni said:

No I'm thinking IM1.

 

You know, for the hinge rows.

You are doing them with one arm at a time or with both?

Jon Douglas

You do keep a straight spine, but i don't think you can stretch both lats when only using one arm. My view is same as ^

 

Edit;

Sorry, that was meant to be same as LateStarter's, gohei ninja'd me :P

Cody Ward

You do it with one arm, hold for 30 seconds, switch, another 30 seconds, back to rows.

William
LateStarter@46 said:

because you can't see what the other arm is doing in the video.

I asked me that too...did it with both arms, now i'm at PE 2 with leaning 2x30sec per iM. At least now i'm doing it right :D

Bipocni

Oh is it one arm?  I never noticed...

William
Bipocni said:

Oh is it one arm?  I never noticed...

iM 1 yes, iM 2 with both arms.

You can see at iM 1 that there's no second arm on the stall bars :)

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Oh is it one arm? I never noticed...

Ahhhhh now all is clear :)

Riku Calderón

now this turned out to be a helpful topic :D

William

of course, maybe there will come new videos of the exercises with two cameraviews, from side and behide to avoid this all :D

Bipocni
RiQC said:

now this turned out to be a helpful topic :D

Time has yet to tell if this will make hinge rows easier or harder...

trw

At first the iM really fried my grip doing one arm at a time, but after a while it became the nicest iM of the session.

Bipocni
trw said:

At first the iM really fried my grip doing one arm at a time, but after a while it became the nicest iM of the session.

Doing it with both arms really fries your grip and your lats after 5 sets.  I think now I might actually get a rest time, instead of just more volume.

trw

Putting the same weight in one hand instead of two is going to really apply the burn to your forearms, trust me. And I wonder about the lats feeling tired. Doesn't that mean that you're actively tensing them, as opposed to relaxing them?

 

You're right about the rest though, the extra time feels luxurious compared to all the other iMs right now.

William
trw said:

Putting the same weight in one hand instead of two is going to really apply the burn to your forearms, trust me.

 

 

Yep, i don't have a stall bar at home so i'm doing it with strapes tied around wooden bords of my cupboard, you have no chance to guess how this destroys forearms with just the thin strapes between your fingers...cra(m)p :icon_twisted:

hukka

Oh crap another mistake in RC/PE1 one arm... never noticed that one... maybe the extra 30s will help my totally stuck pe1...

Keilani Gutierrez
hukka said:

Oh crap another mistake in RC/PE1 one arm... never noticed that one... maybe the extra 30s will help my totally stuck pe1...

maybe! :P