This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

DOMS with mastery of incline pushups

Started by taenkarth, September 12, 2013 · 8 Replies · 371 Views

taenkarth

I was wondering. I can successfully complete all reps required for mastery of the incline push ups with correct form. However for the next three days I am terribly sore. Should I move on or stay on them for another mini cycle?

Ravn

Have you been testing through the HBP exercises, or doing a minicycle on pe1?

 

When I first began F1 I tested through HBP1, which went fine, but HBP2 absolutely devastated me. I was so incredibly sore after testing, that although I came very close to mastery (5 reps short), I knew I wasn't ready. Two months later mastery didn't cause soreness.

 

Mastery is, apparently, about making the effort look fairly effortless to the outside world, although you may cursing on the inside. 

Bipocni
Ravn said:

Mastery is, apparently, about making the effort look fairly effortless to the outside world, although you may cursing on the inside. 

This is what life is all about.  I'll admit, I'm not super good at it...

taenkarth

Wow it was really late when I posted this and I completely forgot that I did!

I was actually testing through these with good form.

I finished all of the reps with good form and felt great afterward.

However, for the next few days I was extremely sore.

So from what your saying is that ok to move forward or to stay a bit longer.

Bipocni

Well, it's been two weeks.  What have you done?

jestoph

Good call, Ravn. It was both so obvious and so surprising to hear someone express that, that I found myself giggling at the computer.

Ravn

Currently, I've got a whole lotta cursing going on @ fl/pe6, and I'm not even close to mastery :@

FredInChina
Ravn said:

Currently, I've got a whole lotta cursing going on @ fl/pe6, and I'm not even close to mastery :@

 

Video? :P

Ravn

Best kept private, it's not a pretty sight :-S