Interesting looking chin ups

Started by LateStarter@46, September 11, 2013 · 24 Replies · 6,275 Views

LateStarter@46

Hello,

 

I have run out of ideas on how to make 10 strict form chin ups for the GB youtube compilation interesting. Going up and down 10 times looks boring.

 

Does anybody have any decent ideas? 

 

Remember, it's for a global market!  :(

 

Thanks,

LateStarter@46

Bipocni

Use a lot of extreme camera angles.

Kai.L

take off one arm xD

Bipocni

And epic music.

Bro'

Maybe include a cat somewhere. What? You said global market!

MMarty

IMHO you can't make normal chin-ups look interesting. It's just a basic exercise and since the recent "street workout boom" people want to see more impressive strength/skill work than normal chin-ups, push-ups, etc.

 

Maybe if you weigh 150kg, because people don't think it is possible to do chin-ups when you're heavy and use it as excuse for being weak and lazy :D

William

do these chin ups  not on a normal trainingplace, search for a special place ;)

Jono

Do them with in a tuck or L-sit position, and put your cat on your thighs.

 

Or do a cat weighted L-sit on the floor. :P

B1214N

You can try doing headbanger pull-ups/chin-ups like some street workout athletes do. They are a front lever pull variation with reduced ROM. Basically, you flex and extend your arms per rep while keeping your head leveled with the bar so you will look like you are going horizontally back and forth rather than up and down like a normal pull-up.

Jon Douglas
Bro said:

Maybe include a cat somewhere. What? You said global market!

Matter of fact there was a pup watching her the whole time :)

Hmm. Mix grips, particularly with a dramatic jumping switch if possible ( if your pullup bar can deal with that)?

FredInChina
Jon Douglas said:

(...) ( if your pullup bar can deal with that)?

 

.................Most especially if you pullup bar cannot deal with it! :)

:D

LateStarter@46

Now you're talking!

 

Thanks for the ideas - I'm thinking of doing a reel of variations, starting with a chin up, then a head banger followed by the slidy things (move from side to side), a finger assisted OAC on each arm, a spin round the bar, ending with a jumping grip switch and getting the dog to bark approval. 

Will be doing the head bangers and slidy things for the first time, so am hoping beginner's courage will get me through them.

 

Thanks again.

Keilani Gutierrez
LateStarter@46 said:

Now you're talking!

 

Thanks for the ideas - I'm thinking of doing a reel of variations, starting with a chin up, then a head banger followed by the slidy things (move from side to side), a finger assisted OAC on each arm, a spin round the bar, ending with a jumping grip switch and getting the dog to bark approval. 

Will be doing the head bangers and slidy things for the first time, so am hoping beginner's courage will get me through them.

 

Thanks again.

may the force be with you B-)

bigB

Get an attractive woman to do the chin ups topless. Shoot the video over the shoulder.

William
bigB said:

Get an attractive woman to do the chin ups topless. Shoot the video over the shoulder.

nothing to add.

Keilani Gutierrez
William said:

nothing to add.

i do. she already is an attractive woman. :P #highfivelatestarter
LateStarter@46

I thought nudity might get a mention at some point! Tuts :-)

#highfiveniceguyKeilaniG

Bipocni
KeilaniG said:

i do. she already is an attractive woman. :P #highfivelatestarter

 

LateStarter@46 said:

I thought nudity might get a mention at some point! Tuts :-)

#highfiveniceguyKeilaniG

Aww, you guys are cute :)

Bipocni
William said:

do these chin ups  not on a normal trainingplace, search for a special place ;)

I saw a guy do chinups off a crane on top of a skyscraper.  That was pretty intense.

William
Bipocni said:

I saw a guy do chinups off a crane on top of a skyscraper.  That was pretty intense.

Yeah, wanted to post the vid about those guys, but couldn't find it. I remember those guys were from Russia.

Jon Douglas
LateStarter@46 said:

I thought nudity might get a mention at some point! Tuts :-)

#highfiveniceguyKeilaniG

I thought about moderating that, but knew you were more than capable of smacking down anyone on your own ;)

 

Edit;

Oh hey, PS. guys. I'm a mod now too :)

LateStarter@46

Great to have you as an ace Mod Jon  :)

 

Tried out my submission-to-be this morning, the scariest thing was the jumping grip switch. Wouldn't like to do that on a crane off a skyscraper. I'll submit once I've tidied up the flailing about bits - the plastic surgery will have to wait though  ;)

Bipocni
William said:

Yeah, wanted to post the vid about those guys, but couldn't find it. I remember those guys were from Russia.

They're always russian.  It's like, "oh, someone doing something badass?  Must be russian..."

William
Bipocni said:

They're always russian.  It's like, "oh, someone doing something badass?  Must be russian..."

Are You American? :D

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

They're always russian.  It's like, "oh, someone doing something badass?  Must be russian..."

Always Russian from one thing to the next... heh.

 

LateStarter@46 said:

Great to have you as an ace Mod Jon  :)

 

Tried out my submission-to-be this morning, the scariest thing was the jumping grip switch. Wouldn't like to do that on a crane off a skyscraper. I'll submit once I've tidied up the flailing about bits - the plastic surgery will have to wait though  ;)

I spend enough time on here that I might as well be productive, one figures!

Looking forward to seeing this video now that you've built it up!