Need to be stronger for planche?

Started by Kiwarrior, February 17, 2009 · 7 Replies · 2,673 Views

Kiwarrior

I'm currently working on the tuck planche. I already have a maximum of 30 seconds hold. I don't feel any serious struggle in my arms, shoulders, but I really have a hard time holding my knees close to my chest (or even lifting up to it). Am I lacking of core or abs strength, or what?

How can I train specifically to that muscle group without tuck planche and with bodyweight?

thx in advance

Blairbob

Get into a hang and practice tuck hang or tuck ups or do the same while in support.

Kiwarrior

sorry for not understanding, but what do you mean by 'while in support' ? :shock: Still hanging or not?

Jonathan Lin

So this is the support position:

bulgarian%20dips.jpg

And so in this position bring your knees to your chest either for time or reps.

Blairbob

Yes.

Kiwarrior

thx,

i guess this also can be done on higher things - like chairs, etc. - because i don't have a ring :D

Blairbob

Yes, two chairs can be used in place of a set of dip bars.

Ewalk91

when i first started to planche i realized i needed butt muscle.

So for awhile my butt would cramp while in a straddle planche position.

Butt muscle is a plus for a planche