This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress Report

Started by ryantherobot, February 17, 2009 · 2 Replies · 451 Views

ryantherobot

Thanks to all those who have answered my questions and some of you that for answering other questions that I read. This week marked a few firsts for me so thought I'd share:

this past week:

I did my first double clap push-up

I stuck a handstand

and after reading someone elses inquiry about cartwheel problems I greatly improved my cartwheel yesterday.

since starting to read these forums:

progressed to holding the L-Sit for 30 seconds. attempts have been made at V.

progressed from 42 sit-ups in 2 minutes (marine corp test) to a current high of 76 sit-ups in 2 minutes

progressed from 6 pull-ups to a current high of 14 pull-ups

I'm on the advanced tuck planche

and I'm eating healthier and feeling better.

Thanks everyone!

Blairbob

Ryan, do you know that AFAIK and recently researched, the marines use crunches in their ab test while the army does situp. Yes, I think less of the Corps because of it.

ryantherobot

According to the Official Marine Corps Officer recruiting test its a 2 minute test with knees bent, feet flat, arms crossed on chest. you must situp until your elbows touch your legs. 100 situps in the 2 minutes is maximum points.

ive heard some call that a marine corps crunch. I differentiate between a regular crunch because when I hear crunch I think of it with feet in the air and you dont touch your elbows to your legs just kinda lean forward and backwards. Personally while training I cross my arms over my chest not my stomache so its effectively a situp.