This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression?

Started by Milkman, September 9, 2013 · 41 Replies · 1,026 Views

FredInChina

As long as you keep your deloads in synch and you don't try to force the speed at which your body adapts, you are on the safe side of this circus... which is good.

 

As far as the "suckitude" is concerned, your assignment is to show up, do the job, go home and rest; day after day, week after week ---> trust the process, you'll get there in your own time. :) You don't have to like or enjoy it, but if you do, more power to you!

 

Lastly, don't worry too much about us making fun of things... whether you worry or not, we'll keep making fun all the same! :P

Keilani Gutierrez
FredInChina said:

As long as you keep your deloads in synch and you don't try to force the speed at which your body adapts, you are on the safe side of this circus... which is good.

 

As far as the "suckitude" is concerned, your assignment is to show up, do the job, go home and rest; day after day, week after week ---> trust the process, you'll get there in your own time. :) You don't have to like or enjoy it, but if you do, more power to you!

 

Lastly, don't worry too much about us making fun of things... whether you worry or not, we'll keep making fun all the same! :P

yeah....Fred will unequivocally be the life of the party...and well, make fun of us all. :P

 

#brofist 

m6shifter

somedays I feel like I am stuck in PE2 purgatory. Then I realize my pace is my pace and there is no rush to start some of the PE3's yet. Just be realistic with the program and dont half ass it Milkman. If you have to go down a cycle and work your way back up thats normal too. :)

Milkman

On a related note, on the Hollow Back Press Progression, HBP5 are 10 second negative dips.  Once you do 5 sets of 5 reps (if I'm reading this correctly), the HBP6 exercise is parallel bar dips.  The first week of this is 3 sets of 1 rep.  Mastery is 5x5.  This seems ridiculously easy and much, much easier than 10 second negatives.  I am not doubting the program, but I am doubting if I am doing things correctly.  Thoughts?

Jon Douglas
Milkman said:

On a related note, on the Hollow Back Press Progression, HBP5 are 10 second negative dips.  Once you do 5 sets of 5 reps (if I'm reading this correctly), the HBP6 exercise is parallel bar dips.  The first week of this is 3 sets of 1 rep.  Mastery is 5x5.  This seems ridiculously easy and much, much easier than 10 second negatives.  I am not doubting the program, but I am doubting if I am doing things correctly.  Thoughts?

This is correct. If you can do it in one workout each, do so and move on :)

Keilani Gutierrez
Milkman said:

On a related note, on the Hollow Back Press Progression, HBP5 are 10 second negative dips.  Once you do 5 sets of 5 reps (if I'm reading this correctly), the HBP6 exercise is parallel bar dips.  The first week of this is 3 sets of 1 rep.  Mastery is 5x5.  This seems ridiculously easy and much, much easier than 10 second negatives.  I am not doubting the program, but I am doubting if I am doing things correctly.  Thoughts?

if you can prove mastery, you can go right ahead :P remember, PE and iM go hand in hand, so you have to master both with no rest, with the tempo and ROM demonstrated.

Milkman
KeilaniG said:

if you can prove mastery, you can go right ahead :P remember, PE and iM go hand in hand, so you have to master both with no rest, with the tempo and ROM demonstrated.

I have no issue with "mastery" on this part.  But there is nothing after level 5.

Jon Douglas
Milkman said:

I have no issue with "mastery" on this part.  But there is nothing after level 5.

This where Foundation 2 work picks up.

Mark Collins

I have been on BHBr since April. I remember struggling on 3x12. I did a deload the other day of 5x30 and they felt really good. Although I expect to fail the 5x60 this cycle I know my quality will be better and when my body is ready I will master it.

I have had a similar experience with twisting squats. When I started them 20 weeks ago I had to do them from a 20" box. I thought I would never get them. Today I did 5 sets of 7 from the floor. It seems slow but my knees and ankles were not ready to cope with the load. The bones, tendons and joints are slow to adapt. Tendinpoathies take 4-6 months to heal with appropriate loading. Joints and surrounding structures take 12 months to recover from surgery.

As long as we are putting in the effort, have good nutrition and are recovering the body will adapt and we will move on to the higher levels.

FredInChina

All power to you Mark Collins, well done! :)

 

Out of curiosity, how are you doing with ABH & ABR?

[i am asking because it would be interesting to see if there are marked & frequent anterior/posterior imbalances - for instance, I am progressing at a regular and moderate pace for FL, but to me, SL/PE1 is very, very hard & I must pay my dues cash for every tiny tinny bit fo'wa'd!]

Milkman
Jon Douglas said:

This where Foundation 2 work picks up.

So, just keep doing these at level 5 until the rest of the exercises catch up and are ready for Level 2?

Jon Douglas
Milkman said:

So, just keep doing these at level 5 until the rest of the exercises catch up and are ready for Level 2?

Nah, why wait? Go ahead and move on with the ones you've mastered :)

chobbs
Milkman said:

So, just keep doing these at level 5 until the rest of the exercises catch up and are ready for Level 2?

 

Move on to the appropriate F2 exercise when you hit the top of the ladder in F1 for a given movement sequence. Expect to be on different levels (e.g. some PE2, some PE6, etc.)

 

- Chris

Mark Collins
FredInChina said:

All power to you Mark Collins, well done! :)

Out of curiosity, how are you doing with ABH & ABR?

[i am asking because it would be interesting to see if there are marked & frequent anterior/posterior imbalances - for instance, I am progressing at a regular and moderate pace for FL, but to me, SL/PE1 is very, very hard & I must pay my dues cash for every tiny tinny bit fo'wa'd!]

I am up to week 9 on the ABR, so they are similar. I had a very exaggerated lumbar lordosis since childhood. So I knew I was in trouble when I saw the BHBr. My mobility was so bad years ago if I stood against the wall the gap between my back and the wall was as thick as both my forearms. I am sure that once I master the first 6 components of FL I will say good bye to my tendency to stick my butt out and rest with an anterior pelvic tilt. :)
FredInChina

I see, thank you :)

Jon Douglas
Mark Collins said:

I had a very exaggerated lumbar lordosis since childhood. So I new I was in trouble when I saw the BHBr. My mobility was so bad years ago if I stood against the wall the gap between my back and the wall was as thick as both my forearms. I am sure that once I master the first 6 components of FL I will say good bye to my tendency to stick my butt out and rest with an anterior pelvic tilt. :)

The same here. I still have to be a little conscious of it, but it's disappearing fast.

H1 helps a lot too, as you've no doubt already noticed.

trw

I've had excessive lordosis myself for a while, and progress on the bHBH has been very slow for me. It's the strangest feeling when my ability to hold something so simple as a pelvic tilt starts to fail, and I can feel my lower back lift no matter how hard I try to squeeze it down.

 

I'm going to feel pretty awesome once finish the F1 portion of FL progressions. But even on exercise number 1 I feel much better than in the past.