This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to Start - Wrist Exercises & HS Prep

Started by Stephen Collings, September 7, 2013 · 5 Replies · 233 Views

Stephen Collings

Please can you clarify how you start Handstand One?

I understand that you do all the wrist stretches every day before anything, but after that I'm not clear what you do when.

 

Do I work through all the wrist exercises and acheive mastery before begining Handstand Prep?

Or what?

 

I am at a loss to understand what is intended.

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Bipocni

Run through all the wrist exercises before you perform the days hand balancing.  I do them as a circuit.  I started on week 1 for the wrist exercises so I don't take any rest between sets.

 

Then you attempt mastery for PE/1 for your first workout, pick either week 1, 5, or 9 depending on how well you did and start from there.  Use a set or two of the previous exercise as your warmup for your next exercise.

 

Since it's skill training, don't worry overly much about pushing yourself for short rest times.

dmcmanam

The exercises by themselves are simply fantastic, you should take the time to understand and follow the course as described and achieve mastery in the order given but until you understand the course and are able to determine the best schedule for you personally, keep doing those exercises starting at the level you think is appropriate.  My wrists and shoulders both love H1.

Stephen Collings

Hi, thanks for your replies.

 

The core of my question is this:

 

(After doing stretches), do I on Day One begin the wrist exercise progressions, doing the best I can and then stopping.

And then on Day Two repeat, and Day Three repeat, etc. (working, of course, with the templates), until I acheive mastery of all the wrist exercises .... and THEN (after however many weeks this has taken) commence Handstand Preparatory Element 1 (the tripod) after, of course, doing the necessary stretches and wrist exercises at the beginning of that workout.

 

OR:

do I on Day One (after doing stretches) begin the wrist exercises, doing the best I can, and then attempt the Handstand Preparatory Element 1 (the tripod) that day as well.  And then on Day Two repeat, and Day Three repeat, etc .... progressing with both the wrist exercises and handstand progressions in parallel.

 

I am very happy to apply myself to whatever the intended sequence is.  I just not clear on what the intented sequence is.   (With the stuff that is labelled "Integrated Mobility Elements" it is clearly explained on the website how this is integrated with the skill work.  But it is not clear to me how the stuff labelled "Wrists" is integrated with the other skill work).

 

Thanks again for your help.  (And I apologise if I am being a bit thick!)

Bipocni

I believe I already answered this question, but I'll word it differently.

 

You do both the wrist work and the hand balancing side by side.  From the very first day that you are on H1, you attempt mastery at the tripod.

 

With wrist work, I would recommend that you don't test mastery and simply run through every single cycle starting at week 1.  Wrist work is very hard on your tendons.

 

When in doubt, read back over your copy of H1.

Stephen Collings

Got it!

Thank you!  :)