Pushing the hips in front of the hands

Started by Bipocni, September 7, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,739 Views

Bipocni

So.... I have no idea how to do this.  In say, a support hold, I can retract my scapula and get my hips in line with my hands, but I have no idea how to push them in front of the hands.

 

I know it's possible, because you need to do it for a manna or for korean dips, but I just can't figure it out.  It's not even a lack of strength, because when I try it I don't feel any particular strain in my muscles, but I just can't push my hips in front of my hands.  At all.

 

I've tried pushing forward from a P-Bar support hold and nothing happens.  I can't do a back support on a straight bar.  It just doesn't work.

 

Help please?

Ravn

So if you're doing a support hold on a bar, you're literally sitting on the bar? Surely you must be able to slide your butt over the edge of the bar, and ending up in the bottom position of a dip?

Bipocni

If I'm trying a back support on a straight bar, I'm in contact with the bar.  I can't push forward so only my hands are on the bar.

 

I could try dipping I suppose, but I'd think I should have the support hold down first...

Ravn

Haven't tried, so I don't know how hard it is. I can however do Korean dips, and you don't have to have a no-butt-touch support for that. K dips are quite dynamic.

Ravn

Btw, for a manna, you're in a hollow position, for K dips you're arched, which makes a big difference.

Jon Douglas

Just practise; at first i was pushing to the point.of cramps.and barely.moving. Now its substantially forward and Im starting to seriously eye off vsit