This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Body position for WR/PE2 & WP/PE2, hand position for FTP/PE1

Started by SoyeBoy, September 7, 2013 · 3 Replies · 118 Views

SoyeBoy

I have been comparing my own execution of these exercises to those in the demo vids and, as a result, I have come up with two questions.

 

Firstly:

I believe that I am executing the WR/PE2 & WP/PE2 correctly from the shoulders up (not clearly visible from my videos), but when it comes to the position of the torso, the athlete in the vid seems to have more of a hollow position. Is my body position acceptable as demonstrated below?

 

 

 

 

Secondly:

For FTP/PE1 my hand is somewhat "cambered". The demo athlete has a flatter hand. Is this cambered technique acceptable? 

 

Jon Douglas

- In the first two videos you are strongly piked, which is taking a lot of the weight off your hands/wrists. IMO this is insufficient for this particular exercise; lean further :P (hollow)

- The third one looks ok; any awkwardness will be self-correcting pretty quickly once you get more weight on the movement IME

 

Looks good otherwise :)

-MR

I agree with everything Jon said. The only thing I would add is that you could try to move toward less padding for your hands. 

I initially used wool mittens myself :), but can now do those on a hard wall with bare hands. Not sure it matters (and someone tell me if this is a bad practice), but I just thought I'd let you know that, at least based on my experience, hands can adapt quite quickly to the hard surface. 

SoyeBoy

Thanks guys. Wrist pushups should be OK with bare hands, not sure about wrist rocks though :eek: