This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Resting between sets

Started by Alan Tseng, September 5, 2013 · 5 Replies · 166 Views

Alan Tseng

i know that if i start the next set immediately after i finish a mobility set, it'll help increase my endurance.  However, what would be the outcome if I take an extra minute or two to rest?

 

Would somewhere down the road in maybe F3, I would get stuck?

howens

Im not sure it would take all the way to f 3. I imagine if I slacked on the endurance I would fail the mastery of the move itself.

Guest

I can't say for sure, but in case you were thinking about trying this, don't.

ausswe

I concur don't do it of you can avoid it but also don't lose form because you are too tired if you absolutely have to then take rest and try shorten it as you go on but remember mastery is without rest.

FredInChina
Hmms said:

(...) what would be the outcome if I take an extra minute or two to rest? (...)

 

 

The immediate outcome are longer training sessions... :)

 

Vincearoo

If you need additional rest between sets of an exercise then you have started out in a mini cycle too far ahead for yourself. It might be best to drop back a mini cycle and continue that way.