This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand Practice on top of PE?

Started by ace77, September 4, 2013 · 5 Replies · 260 Views

ace77

I just got H1 and am starting it along with the F1 that I got a while back.  I've been using this site and forum to improve my handstand since before I got the course.  

 

If I'm understanding correctly, we should not do any of the SE's until we've mastered the PE's?  

 

Is it okay to continue to practice doing a few handstands here and there or walk on my hands (even hold against the wall sometimes?) on top of the H1 training to maintain some strength or should I avoid that until all PE's are mastered?

 

 

Thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez

reason i've been going back to the wall have been to test out my current handstand line, aside from that, all i've been working is with the PE im currently working and my line/mobility/ strength has been steadily improving.

my take away from Yuri and Mikael(HandBalancer) is that you dont want to impregnate bad habits. so for me, that means working with the H1 progressions and only playing around with the wall assisted or freestanding HS(with my current level, i cannot hold a freestanding HS)

where that lies with you, i dont know, so you will have to come to that conclusion based on that criteria (if you so wish).

work= based on your current strength and mobility with the H1 progressions

play=all you want as long as you don't risk getting hurt :)

Michael Taylor

I had a HS before starting H1, and asked a similar question at the time.

Since then I have worked through to HS/PE5, the speed of progress determined mainly by mobility

However, I have always added a few sets of HS at the end of my main session, to keep a feel for the balance.

What I have found is that, by applying the things I am learning through H1 to these HS, my form is steadily improving and I am becoming far more aware of what bits of my body are doing (or should be doing!), in this position

Ravn

This^

FredInChina
KeilaniG said:

(...)  to impregnate bad habits (...)

 

Argh! how to get rid of these images now? :lol::facepalm:

Keilani Gutierrez
FredInChina said:

Argh! how to get rid of these images now? :lol::facepalm:

drink of choice and endless pushups!