This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Does anyone dream in their sleep of being able to do HSPUs?

Started by DonGray, September 2, 2013 · 21 Replies · 654 Views

DonGray

Hi guys

Does anyone else dream about doing HSPU's perfectly on rings and then they wake from the dream to find they still suck at HeSPUs.........or is that just me? :facepalm:

 

I've been trying to improve my HeSPU's for over a year now with some success and I've tried using the 10sec negatives using the foundation template for 5 x 5r.....starting at the beginning and slowly building up.  They were going really well with 4 x 2r  and my strength was improving rapidly, but on going to 4 x 3r I woke up with my shoulder hurting (it was fine the previous evening).......and it hurts to lift my arm. It has happened a couple of times and I backed off for a few days to let it recover and the pain went away, but on reaching this intensity again of 4 x 3r the pain has come back.

 

As far as F2 is concerned i'm up to single bar dips (i've gone through all of F1 exercises for HBP until mastery the beginning and up to mastery + have been consistent with mobility exercises).

 

Is it fundamentally wrong to attempt HeSPU's in this way before I've worked my way through all the dip variations? Is it the fact that I've not also done the mobility exercises (that are in conjunction with the advanced dips) to prepare me for these?

 

I'm going through H1 also and I have completed 5 x 30sec wall stands and am now embarking on handstand wall walks - & please don't ask about mastery of mobiIity exercises because I may burst into tears. I know it's probably going to be like telling a naughty school boy to focus on his times table before he attempts algebra, but these HeSPUs are an obsession of mine, they have been causing me sleepless nights as I don't have them ;)

 

Or could it be a cheeky few sets of incline dumbell presses that I did after my GB workout that irritated it?? :ph34r:

 

Much Love

Don

Guest

F3 should focus A LOT on HSPU/HeSPU's,

Fit-Bull90
Awarenesss said:

F3 should focus A LOT on HSPU/HeSPU's,

Man, I just can´t wait for F3. I am not even close to it, but just wish to see the excercises, to get even more motivated. 

Alessandro Mainente

you will rapidly see that dreams are not needed!!!!

FredInChina
DonGray said:
(...) dream about doing HSPU's perfectly on rings and then (...) I woke up with my shoulder hurting

(...) they have been causing me sleepless nights (...)

 

Hummm..... maybe sleepless nights are safer then... :P

 

:D

Jon Douglas

I had a dream about Kermit the Frog once. I woke up and found I could front lever.

Coincidence? I think not.

Ravn
DonGray said:

Hi guys

Does anyone else dream about doing HSPU's perfectly on rings and then they wake from the dream to find they still suck at HeSPUs.........or is that just me? :facepalm:

 

I've been trying to improve my HeSPU's for over a year now with some success and I've tried using the 10sec negatives using the foundation template for 5 x 5r.....starting at the beginning and slowly building up.  They were going really well with 4 x 2r  and my strength was improving rapidly, but on going to 4 x 3r I woke up with my shoulder hurting (it was fine the previous evening).......and it hurts to lift my arm. It has happened a couple of times and I backed off for a few days to let it recover and the pain went away, but on reaching this intensity again of 4 x 3r the pain has come back.

 

As far as F2 is concerned i'm up to single bar dips (i've gone through all of F1 exercises for HBP until mastery the beginning and up to mastery + have been consistent with mobility exercises).

 

Is it fundamentally wrong to attempt HeSPU's in this way before I've worked my way through all the dip variations? Is it the fact that I've not also done the mobility exercises (that are in conjunction with the advanced dips) to prepare me for these?

 

I'm going through H1 also and I have completed 5 x 30sec wall stands and am now embarking on handstand wall walks - & please don't ask about mastery of mobiIity exercises because I may burst into tears. I know it's probably going to be like telling a naughty school boy to focus on his times table before he attempts algebra, but these HeSPUs are an obsession of mine, they have been causing me sleepless nights as I don't have them ;)

 

Or could it be a cheeky few sets of incline dumbell presses that I did after my GB workout that irritated it?? :ph34r:

 

Much Love

Don

For now, just focus on getting really, really good at the pushups and dips. HeSPU will come in due time, and you will be ready. However, if you screw yourself up by adding extras in, you might be watching from the sideline with an injury, while the rest of us enjoy F3  :icon_twisted:

 

Simple!  ;)

DonGray

Jon Douglas I absolutely believe your dream of Kermit enabled you to do a front lever! :P

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys, these messages have really empowered me to get back on course with my dips and put HeSPU's out of my head for the time being.  I know i'll get an enormous amount of satisfaction from mastering these also!

 

Re-focused - re-energised!!  :icon_twisted:

Robmob

Re-focused - re-energised!!

 

That last part sounded like if it was from a commercial.

Anyways, altough I never dreamt of doing HSPU, I havent been able to workout lately (im always ill) and I have been dreaming that I was Benching and Squating, funny thing was that the weight wasnt anything crazy, it was my normal workout weight.

I also tend to have too many day dreams about benching or ring muscleups.

 

Thats what i have had

Flameous

Just the other night I had a dream of  being able to do manna. You bet I was excited when I woke up and went to try it straight away. Obviously no where close even but just had to try  :lol:

Jon Douglas

i had a dream about an espresso and cheesecakes last night.

I write this from a coffee shop, where it is working out pretty well for me :)

Christian

Im dreaming that im replying to this thread...

Michael Taylor

As bizarre as this post is....I did have a recurring dream for a long time that I was repping out muscleups with ease on a bar (I couldn't do them at the time)

 

 

When I achieved it in reality, I have never had that dream again.

 

 

And I'm not even going to try and psychoanalyse that :blink:  :blink:

dritar

I read somewhere that dreams are an important of the learning process in the sense that your brain is working on reinforcing neural connections. Strength in general but especially GST is not only about muscular tissue strengthening it's also about your CNS learning how to move strongly. So in a sense you're practicing some aspect of GST when you dream about HeSPUs and muscle ups.

Jon Douglas
Christian said:

Im dreaming that im replying to this thread...

Gah! Don't DO that!

Bipocni

Not HSPU, but I often have dreams where I muscleup.

 

And years ago when I was doing pushups everyday I'd fall asleep dreaming of pushups.  It was like, all pushups all the time in my head...

Oliver Harris
Jon Douglas said:

I had a dream about Kermit the Frog once. I woke up and found I could front lever.

Coincidence? I think not.

Brilliant

Jon Douglas
Timothy Harris said:

Brilliant

I try ;)

LateStarter@46

Thinking about obtaining the straddle planche is stopping me from getting to sleep on time these days. I seem to end up in a loop where I have to endlessly restart the movie of me doing it. zzzzzzzzz

Bro'

I mostly dreamed of doing planche leans and PPPs at first, now I'm just plain awesome in my dreams.  :lol:

Jon Douglas

My dreams are usually feverish romps ala Jim Henson, but I do distinctly remember once easily moving through Victorian and Maltese and wondering why everyone thought it was so difficult; had they never twigged on to the 'trick' of doing the moves? :P

Bro'

Maltese and Victorian. Sure, just do the move, and they'll come. We need to teach the world about this.  :lol:

 

That also reminded me of that dream of doing one-arm L rope climbs. Pretty sure it involved the same trick!