Stall Bar Front Supports and Back Supports

Started by bigB, September 2, 2013 · 5 Replies · 4,088 Views

bigB

I finally built my stall bars and was playing around with some different movements.

I tried the Front and Back Stall Bar Supports and was unable to support myself at all.
I can easily do Ring Supports for 3 sets of 30+ seconds, but the shifting of the COG made these Stall Supports difficult.

Anyone else practicing Stall Bar Supports?

Also, aside from the foundation stretches, Flags and Leg Raises, what types of progressions can be performed on the stall bars?

 

I searched Google and found a few stretches for splits but not much else.

Ravn

I found stall bar supports quite beneficial as elbow preparation leading up to fl, bl and pl work. I worked them with planche leans, German hangs and frog stands in preparation for 'real' straight arm work, and aimed for 3x30 secs front and back. However, this was in the good old days before Foundation.

Ravn

Check this out if you haven't already:

Fit-Bull90
bigB said:

I finally built my stall bars and was playing around with some different movements.

I tried the Front and Back Stall Bar Supports and was unable to support myself at all.

I can easily do Ring Supports for 3 sets of 30+ seconds, but the shifting of the COG made these Stall Supports difficult.

Anyone else practicing Stall Bar Supports?

Also, aside from the foundation stretches, Flags and Leg Raises, what types of progressions can be performed on the stall bars?

 

I searched Google and found a few stretches for splits but not much else.

Yes, I am planning to incorporate them into my training. Since I don´t have stall bars, I just put my pull up bar lower and close the door. Not quite as good as stall bars, but better than nothing I guess. I can hold a back support for 10 sec, however front support is impossible for me. Triceps start burning before I even start the hold. 

FredInChina
bigB said:

(...) I tried the Front and Back Stall Bar Supports and was unable to support myself at all.(...)

 

Hehehe, stall bars supports are an eye opener, aren't they? :)

You look at them and think it can't be that hard... then you try......................

E70

That video is awesome! Gives inspiration to what can be accomplished.