This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090216

Started by Coach Sommer, February 16, 2009 · 9 Replies · 1,981 Views

Coach Sommer

RwnlIPq_7A4

Complete four rounds:

10 Clapping Pull-ups

10 TOPs Pulls

5 - 360s

notes:

1) Go directly from clapping pull-ups to TOPs Pulls to 360s. If rest is necessary, keep it to a minimum until the round is completed.

2) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

3) The clap in the Clapping Pull-ups should occur with the chin above the bar.

4) TOPs Pulls are found on BtGB, pg. 107.

5) It is acceptable to adjust the body position used during the 360s as needed. However, once you decide upon a particular body position, you must remain with it for the duration of the workout.

Mats Trane

Please explain a clapping pullup. Shouls I let go of the bar (when my chin is above the bar) clapp my hands and then grab the bar again?

Blairbob

Yes. Pull with enough force and speed to be able to clap and recatch the bar again. I haven't tried in a long time. Not sure I'll be able to do it and may have to settle for hopping pullups ( hop hands off bar at top ).

Neal Winkler

I couldn't even do one round of this straight through.

Stephen Casey

Any suggestions for a "TOPs Pulls" replacement? I don't have BtGB yet but am saving for it. Thanks

Jason Stein

4x:

10 Clapping Pull-ups

10 TOPs Pulls

5 360s

  • [*:36jz6mze]Clapping pull-ups were not that bad (which means I was probably doing them wrong) but they FRIED my grip and my hands.
    [*:36jz6mze]Had to segment the TOPs pulls, though, those things were BEAST and I started piking more and more as fatigue set in.
    [*:36jz6mze]This was fun but brutal.

Blairbob

2-16

Burgener WU

2 sets of 2 full ROM HSPU, 5s tuck planche on hands ( way easier on DB ), and 3 pseudo planche pushups followed by 2 sets of 5 really deep ring dips.

GB WOD:

did 5 hopping pullups because I wasn't sure about the clapping pullup. did 5 tops pulls in tuck instead of 10 and did 3 skin the cats from L due to doing the WOD at home since I had the day off.

Finished off with 8 rounds of tabata squats:16 ( coulda done 17 but left knee popped and it hurt )-16-16-16-16-15-15-14.

Shoulder rehab and wall slides

Nobodystopsdblob

Complete four rounds:

10 Clapping Pull-ups

10 TOPs Pulls

5 - 360s

did 3 rounds. Clapping pullups were broken sets but good form. TOPS were swung up to invert and then lowered fast, rest, swung up, etc.

360s were broken sets tucked.

usalvr2

Hi guys, what are TOPs pull ups. I have the book and all the videos. Is it explained in there--I'm not at home rght now s I dont have access to either.

Thanks a bunch. -g.

usalvr2

Also, and I know this may not be the forum for this but since we are doing pull ups today, I thought I would ask a question. When I'm doing pull ups should I focus on (imagine I"m at a dead hang) pulling my elbows straight down, so they would ultimately end up placed against my rib cage. Or, pull straight down, in a motion that if continued would place my elbows in a backwards motion (imaine there you were looking at me from the side and my body was a straight plans fro arms to toes, as I was pulling up, then, my elbows would continue behind my back--I can most equate it to when i"m totally cheating and doing everything possible to get over the bar on a muscle up.)

The reason I ask, is if I do the pull up from a dead hang, and strict (no kip) I feel like i'm working differenct muscles if I keep ars shold width apart and pull elbows STRaight down (my endng position is almost a 'W') as opposed to pulling my arms straight back and thorugh (almost more of a row).

Thanks a bunch and if this doesnt make sense, i'm sorry--and/or its way lame and one should just shut up an do more pull ups I apologize in advance.

sinc, -g.