That's me, and of course some other moves I added to the video, the competition starts at 1:22
Started by Yaad Mohammad, August 31, 2013 · 16 Replies · 3,592 Views
That's me, and of course some other moves I added to the video, the competition starts at 1:22
Awesome!
Hope some of that footage is with the upcoming community video. ![]()
Very strong Yaad! ![]()
Congrats on finally getting the full planche and those full FL rows were awesome. How did you train to get the hips to bar and could you also get your body to touch the bar in the other FL row progressions like tuck, straddle, etc.? It looks like you are also pulling the forearms down by extending the triceps in addition to just pulling the elbows down in those FL rows. I was never able to get my body almost touching the bar when I did FL rows.
I also remember you saying that you got your OABL without training it and I wanted to ask which exercises or skills did you think carried over strength to the OABL for you or what skills/exercises were you capable when you first done your first OABL? Thanks in advanced!
wheezer said:Awesome!
Hope some of that footage is with the upcoming community video.
The HeSPU's and OABL hold I have sent in, I hope they make it.
B1214N said:Very strong Yaad!
Congrats on finally getting the full planche and those full FL rows were awesome. How did you train to get the hips to bar and could you also get your body to touch the bar in the other FL row progressions like tuck, straddle, etc.? It looks like you are also pulling the forearms down by extending the triceps in addition to just pulling the elbows down in those FL rows. I was never able to get my body almost touching the bar when I did FL rows.
I also remember you saying that you got your OABL without training it and I wanted to ask which exercises or skills did you think carried over strength to the OABL for you or what skills/exercises were you capable when you first done your first OABL? Thanks in advanced!
Thanks you, but not a real hold yet! I will celebrate as soon as I have a 3 second hold with perfect form!
The full FL rows actually impressed me too. It was the first time I performed them and touch the bars, however I analyzed it again and I noticed I'm cheating a lot. As soon as I get in the FL position, I use the momentum to quickly pull-up. As soon as I lock out my arms you should watch carefully where my arms are located. They are completely away from the centre of mass, so again, I used momentum to touch the bar. The third time I use this momentum and fail to touch the bar. I am able to perform one-legged FL rows with zero momentum and pure strength, but I can't say I can do the same with a full-lay one yet.
The OABL remains a mystery to me, I'm still not sure how I did it. At the moment I have a 30 sec BL hold but I really never do the BL unless I'm showing off, hehe. I used to do them a year ago as warming up, but right now I stay away from them. I think the reason for why I can do a one arm back lever is my overal training with SAS work. These last few months I've completely focussed on the planche and all other moves with completely locked arms, maybe that helped me achieve the move? Anyway, I think that if you have a 15s + BL, you can perform a OABL.
I see the kipping now in those FL rows. Do you think you can touch the bar or almost touch bar when you do full FL rows without kipping. Were the one-legged FL rows done with the body touching or almost touching the bar?
I forgot to ask you this, but did you win the competition and were you the only gymnast there?
Very cool side side flag :-)
B1214N said:I see the kipping now in those FL rows. Do you think you can touch the bar or almost touch bar when you do full FL rows without kipping. Were the one-legged FL rows done with the body touching or almost touching the bar?
I forgot to ask you this, but did you win the competition and were you the only gymnast there?
Body touching the bar. I didn't win, the jury said I did too much gymnastics apparently. I was the only gymnast and I was the only one without a team. The others did a lot of other stuff like muscle-ups and dips and swinging, I guess I just didn't fit in.
Christian said:Very cool side side flag :-)
Thanks!
Yaad Mohammad said:I didn't win, the jury said I did too much gymnastics apparently. I was the only gymnast and I was the only one without a team. The others did a lot of other stuff like muscle-ups and dips and swinging, I guess I just didn't fit in.
I thought it was bogus that the jury said you did too much gymnastics when the others did stuff like muscle-ups which is a gymnastics exercise and dips which is a generic calisthenics exercise and some swinging elements could be gymnastics too.
B1214N said:I thought it was bogus that the jury said you did too much gymnastics when the others did stuff like muscle-ups which is a gymnastics exercise and dips which is a generic calisthenics exercise and some swinging elements could be gymnastics too.
Precisely, one of the jury members came with that argument but the other 3 disagreed... anyway, doesn't matter, was a fun experience and the winner definitely earned it, he did some crazy things!
That sounds kinda ridiculous! Maybe they felt threatened because you weren't just strong but aesthetic too ![]()
Sometimes objective truth is not as important as knowing what the people who judge you are looking for.
When taking exams, for instance. ![]()
Thanks for the nice comments!
Yaad Mohammad said:
That's me, and of course some other moves I added to the video, the competition starts at 1:22
Where was the street workout competition at? Do you live in the USA because it seems like there are none here in Ohio
Frahebede said:Where was the street workout competition at? Do you live in the USA because it seems like there are none here in Ohio
I live in the Netherlands. This was in Rotterdam
Yaad Mohammad said:I live in the Netherlands. This was in Rotterdam
That's kinda near Ohio, right? I mean in the larger scheme of things...
TANSTAAFL said:That's kinda near Ohio, right? I mean in the larger scheme of things...
TANSTAAFL said:That's kinda near Ohio, right? I mean in the larger scheme of things...
Sure, it's closer to Ohio than it is to the moon.