I can do all the leg lifts (unlikely to be the limiter), pseudo planche pushups, and planche leans, but can't do the bent planche holds at all.
Seems like there is a transitionary gap here. Has anyone else run into this?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by RatioFitness, August 31, 2013 · 10 Replies · 387 Views
I can do all the leg lifts (unlikely to be the limiter), pseudo planche pushups, and planche leans, but can't do the bent planche holds at all.
Seems like there is a transitionary gap here. Has anyone else run into this?
Not yet, but post a vid if your PPP cause this does seem to be the most likely culprit. I'm still working my PPP and not yet at the holds you talk about, but sometimes I play and it's not so far off. A good mastery of PPP + all the PL work should have you ready for this. Let's see a vid of the PPP and the holds. It makes it much more easy to see if something seems off. Also some iM is hard and needs time to work. Just cause it's marked as mobility doesn't mean it won't take time to master.
Something I think may help (although I'm not there yet, I have played with the position) is this:
Get into the BA planche hold, but the legs are in the butterfly groin stretch. I can hold this ~5 seconds, but just can't get myself in the 1/2 straddle... ![]()
But like Christian said, make sure your PPP's are up to par. These will be very helpful.
If you have paralletes then you can try tuck or adv tuck bent arm planche otherwise you will have to work more PPPs.
If you haven't already, try lowering down from a more vertical position, and just lean HEAPS far forward.
Probably a fail with BAP position is due to lack of lean during pseudo planche push up.
Two things:
1. The angle of your elbow shouldn't be 90 degrees like some people assume, but rather closer to 120 degrees.
2. Try a lot of arch holds. You're probably missing some lower back strength.
Hi ratio, I'm stuck here as well. the frog stands are easy, but i'm struggling with this. I'm just beginning to get some traction by dropping into it from a tuck planch and really focusing on straddling my legs as wide as possible. I'm leaning very far forward as i come down and am focusing on keeping my hands far back by the hips. I think a lot of this one is technique ( and mobility in terms of wide straddle and wrists) and will come with practice. Let me know if you find any other good tips that help you on this.
I like the idea of substituting bent tuck planche hold on the parallettes. I'll give this a try for a while and maybe do some reps where I go from tuck to half straddle increasing the duration of the reps over time.
alex87 said:Probably a fail with BAP position is due to lack of lean during pseudo planche push up.
Now that I think of it, from the original BtGB book there was a variation of the PPP where you lifted your feet in the air for a second at the bottom. This would indicate your are leaning forward enough, otherwise the lift wouldn't happen. You are probably right I'm not leaning and I will test my PPP like this to make sure.
If you could lift your feet at the bottom of the PPP (with a full lay-out), you would tip over onto your face if you were to bend your legs (without lessening your lean). So, I don't think you have to be able to lean quite that far in your PPPs.