Dogma in sports training

Started by Adrien, August 31, 2013 · 52 Replies · 12,713 Views

Micawberian
Nigel said:

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is my favourite piece of dogma. It's rubbish.

Poor Friedrich. Poor, poor Friedrich. How many times must he turn in his grave before the fitspiration luminaries cease!?!?

Bipocni
Biren P. said:

Poor Friedrich. Poor, poor Friedrich. How many times must he turn in his grave before the fitspiration luminaries cease!?!?

....You can't have sympathy for the guy.  Out of anyone, not him.  o.0

Jeffrey Wijnans

Dogma's hmm. Worked as a PT for a while and I heared a lot of weird stuff

 

  1. Training abs because it will spot reduce fat on your belly (yeah right spot reduction -> not gonna happen! do cardio)
  2. Waist trimmer because you sweat more you will loose more fat (yeah right spot reduction all over again and dont even start the I sweat so I loose more fat discussion ;) ow and do cardio)
  3. I need to eat fat food because fat will convert in muscle when I start training (muhahaha just muhahahaha)
  4. Dont eat carbs late at night (doesnt matter when you eat them as long as your micro/macronutriënt intake is in check)
  5. Training to failure is key (nope it overloads your CNS for 0 reason. You give a new stimulus which leads to adaptation everthing more is just overload and wont contribute to growth)

Just some out of the top of my head.