This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Questions regarding mobility and warmups.

Started by Jeremy Steinberg, August 31, 2013 · 1 Replies · 152 Views

Jeremy Steinberg

I apologize if these questions have been answered before, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

 

1. For the mobility training, the exercises often (but not always) say what the mastery level is for example 10 reps for skiers. Does this mean that one must always do 10 reps or must you use the mastery tables and work your way up.

 

2. The guide says that for warm-ups you should do some of the lower tier exercises. I am at PE1 for all but two exercises, how does one warm-up for PE1?

Bipocni

For the mobility work, use the total number of reps.  The aim is to increase your mobility over time, rather than increase reps.  You can start off pretty ugly in some of these.

 

As a side note, I would recommend some serious pancake stretches be include in your workout or MN/PE2 will eat you alive.

 

Warmups are more difficult, and are more a matter of personal preference.  The point is to get you fired up without exhausting yourself.  It's something I'm really bad at personally, but I'm getting more experience.

 

For PE1's I didn't even bother to warm up at all.  When I started on PE2's I included a couple mastery sets of the previous exercise, and noticed that I would feel noticeable more explosive during the second set.  Your goal is to achieve something like this, and recognise to stop while you've still got it.  It makes no sense to push past this and burn out before you start your work sets!  As an example, for HBP/PE2 I use one set of 15 for HBP/PE1 as a warmup and one more after for a set of 9.

 

Make sure you warm up with the mobility work as well.

 

My warmup goal is one mastery set for each of the first three progressions, before my work sets, as this is the mastery test you will have to go through to get to level 0.5 mastery.  By the time I finish the PE4's I should be able to pass mastery quite easily.