This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE3 - one hand substitute

Started by FredInChina, August 29, 2013 · 4 Replies · 147 Views

FredInChina

It is not quite golfer's elbow, but close - more like a painful and deep strain in the fingers/wrist flexors of my right arm, together with some pain in the length of the lower biceps.

I've developed this over the last 3 months, mostly while redecorating parts of my home, and installing a home gym/dojo. Frequent use of impact drills, screw drivers, and transporting things and furniture around did it on top of F1 training.

 

2 cycles ago (2 months), I stopped RC/PE3 (I was two cycles into it at week 7) and started doing bent over kettle bell rows with my left hand. I followed the weeks 5-12 set/rep scheeme of F1 with 16Kg, and I am now starting a cycle back at week 5 with 20Kg.

My right forearm is slowly recovering with forced rest, massages, heat cream, etc... and I expect recovery to go well now that refurbishing is over.

 

Outside of Bent over rows, what other exercises would you recommend that I did?

(I tried one arm BW incline rows, but I am a little bit too weak on my left side for that (or too heavy :P))

 

Are there exercises that do not necessitate grip or biceps use that I could do with my right side?

 

Thanks for help and advice :)

Ravn

So grip is a problem too?

 

I had golfers elbow couple of years ago, and while pulling was very painful, pull-over movements where okay, so I used a macebell, among other things, for fairly high reps to rehab the injury. Worked very well, but there's a good amount of grip involved.

 

See what you think, it's easy to make, just pour some concrete into a volleyball, and put a dowel in the concrete. Drive a couple of nails through the dowel to make it sit solidly in the concrete.

 

FredInChina

hehe, that's a great idea Ravn, thanks. :)

I'll rest it another cycle at least, then give it a try with the Chi Ishi I have made; the handle is a bit shrter than the mace, but that should work nonetheless.

Ravn

Yeah, I probably wouldn't do it in conjunction with F1 though, that kind of volume would just make it flare back up, or?

FredInChina

Of course Ravn, thanks :)...

In the meantime, I was looking for pointers and advice for alternate exercises for my left side, and maybe some for my right side that would not upset my forearm.