Whenever I perform the standing trunk circle, I get major headaches. When I stop the set, it feels like the entire room is spinning.
Is this normal or will it get better as I do more of them
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alan Tseng, August 29, 2013 · 6 Replies · 261 Views
Whenever I perform the standing trunk circle, I get major headaches. When I stop the set, it feels like the entire room is spinning.
Is this normal or will it get better as I do more of them
How fast are you going? If you reduce speed and ROM is it still there?
I experienced the same thing, particularly when reversing the direction. Wear a helmet and push on! Or just go a bit slower, that helped in my case.
Slow down the speed of your repetitions and don't hold your breath.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
I am just picturing someone doing hip circles at 20mph. Sounds like standard motion sickness. I get this when doing regular tumbling stuff, but it has gotten better over time. Doing them slowly as coach said, and if it's not taxing/making you too dizzy, throw them in all throughout the day to tolerance.
I deliberately did it slow today but still have the problem though I guess it did help. I stopped the set when I had to grasp something for support.
I guess even slower then?
I get this too even when I go slow, what I do is I take a slight break as I switch directions.