This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Proceed with im but not pe

Started by ausswe, August 27, 2013 · 6 Replies · 288 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

I know we are meant to proceed to the next exercise once both the previous pe and im are mastered but what about if we have mastered the im after the first mini cycle. Would it be ok to move on to the next im and maybe keep the previous one as a warm up?

For example sl/pe1 will take me maybe 5-6 mini cycles to complete where as I have the im masterd after the first mini cycle so I do sl/pe1 with sl/pe2-im. It doesn't seem like it would hurt to use the next im if anything it might even help.

Cheers

Adriano Augusto

Progress or not progress it's up to you, but Coach's words are plain simple - maybe that simpleness it's hard to assimilate.

 

Too people (myself included) are stuck on SL/PE1 and for sure we've mastered the iM and FOR SURE we want to progress to the cool stuff, but that hell of PE it's a PREreq for everything else and must be conquered.

 

You aren't going to mastered SL/PE1 if you put it on maintenance with poor form as a warm up; keep in mind.

 

Remember, we're building a FOUNDATION, with no holes on it.

 

Keep patience. Push intelligent. Work hard.

bluebellstar

He's talking about advancing the iM while staying on the PE.

Perhaps his simplicity was hard to assimilate? ;p

In any case, the official stand is negative because strength and mobility are two sides of the same coin.

I must say, though, that I have found selectively advancing the iM in certain isolated cases very useful.

Bro'

In the specific case of SL, I don't see how incorporating SL/PE2-3 iMs could be harmful if the first one is mastered. However, I'd keep them in the warm-up or for work after you're done with F1 for the day. You wouldn't want to give yourself more rest than necessary. Right? Right?!  :icon_twisted:

ausswe

I did mean progress to he next im not the next pe.... I thought I was quite clear on that point. I can only see this as being beneficial so,strikes as I have some mobility issues with current pes that could be fixed by the next im. But obviously only once I have mastered the previous.

Vincearoo

Extra flexibukuty/mobility training is encouraged; however, you should not replace a later progression with your current one. The two go together. It would be better to have a separate session of training to address your specific inadequacies, whether that's before/after your workout or even on another day. That's my take anyways.

dritar

Part of what makes arch body holds...fun, is the iM being very short. I'd do the extra iM after the prescribed exercised pair not substitute.