This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/SE3>iM - Natural Leg Curl - Alternatives

Started by Robmob, August 27, 2013 · 11 Replies · 410 Views

Robmob

Hello GB,

Do you have any suggestions or alternatives to the NLC/SLS IM? I dont have a place to do the elevated ones, and apart from that Im missing a partner. I tried doing them on a situl bench but it didnt work out.

I noticed that there are gym machines which work the hamstrings, but I workout at home. The only thing I can think of is deadlifting.

Thanks

Jon Douglas

I have a door mounted situp bar i found for some $10 at target. Its not the absolute most comfortable way to do NLC but it keeps you honest :)

Robmob

Yeah it would work i guess but what do you do with the elevated NLC?

FredInChina

Could we please fix the title for easier searches, please? :)

 

I suggest:

SLS/SE3>iM - Natural Leg Curl - Alternatives

Robmob

I would if I could, but I dont see an option to do so, meanwhile, could you tell me about any alternatives?

FredInChina

I know, only a mod or admin can do that. :)

Robmob said:

(...) could you tell me about any alternatives?

I would have if I knew any RobMob - this movement is way above my paygrade at this moment. :)

Jon Douglas
Jon Douglas said:

I have a door mounted situp bar i found for some $10 at target. Its not the absolute most comfortable way to do NLC but it keeps you honest :)

Park bench. Works well for me.

Back in Australia I used the XR straps over a park table for loads of clearance. Brilliant idea I picked up from here somewhere.

Robmob
Jon Douglas said:

Park bench. Works well for me.

Back in Australia I used the XR straps over a park table for loads of clearance. Brilliant idea I picked up from here somewhere.

Thanks for the idea but I cant really picture it, could you take a photo on your next workout please? Thanks

Jon Douglas
Robmob said:

Thanks for the idea but I cant really picture it, could you take a photo on your next workout please? Thanks

Won't be for another week or so, someone else will have to cover it.

Richard Hamilton

If you have a telescopic doorway pullup bar you can move it down low and put your feet under. I did this when doing the WOD's in the past. Also tried feet under sofa but I was too heavy for that and kept lifting it up (may get away with it if you're smaller). Heavy sideboard worked though... I put a small towel there to stop it hurting my feet so much.

strongyetagil3

I just started these today and I could barely get half way up! (At least for 2 sets except the last one) I think there needs to be a pre mobility exercise move to this standard mobility exercise prescribed. I found this article by a gent that calls himself "The Glute Man" and for good reason. There are 7 alternative ways to doing the exercise if you struggled getting up from weak glutes. Your guys thoughts on this and should someone use one of these moves instead if they cannot get up?

Check it out and lemme know what you think about it: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/12_hamstrings_exercises_for_hardasses

strongyetagil3
strongyetagile said:

I just started these today and I could barely get half way up! (At least for 2 sets except the last one) I think there needs to be a pre mobility exercise move to this standard mobility exercise prescribed. I found this article by a gent that calls himself "The Glute Man" and for good reason. There are 7 alternative ways to doing the exercise if you struggled getting up from weak glutes. Your guys thoughts on this and should someone use one of these moves instead if they cannot get up?

Check it out and lemme know what you think about it: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/12_hamstrings_exercises_for_hardasses

Alongside this suggestion, Top Form FItness's video has some really great variations for it and they don't require a training partner. I can see some of these being a progression movement to what is the standard for Coach's mastery check. Of course you'd do these from the beginning of the cycle to the end where you'd test again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSDFVCg2DM