If you've ever found yourself being seduced by those amazing weight loss/muscle gain transformation photos, here's a great little article:
Started by thecolin, August 26, 2013 · 34 Replies · 14,170 Views
If you've ever found yourself being seduced by those amazing weight loss/muscle gain transformation photos, here's a great little article:
Are the pictures of people doing a manna after foundation are faked? Do you see the strings holding their legs up?
Hercules said:Are the pictures of people doing a manna after foundation are faked? Do you see the strings holding their legs up?
I'm not even sure how to reply, this just confuses me. Did I say somewhere I think that pictures of people doing manna are fake? ![]()
thecolin said:I'm not even sure how to reply, this just confuses me. Did I say somewhere I think that pictures of people doing manna are fake?
I too am puzzled. Must not have actually clicked the link. (I was expecting some nice pictures of people doing manna's based on that guys comment)
Here's a really good video of a guy doing the after shot first, then getting bloated and doing the after shot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M957dACQyfU
@ Hercules,
Seems your humor was lost on everybody else. I'm following you though. ![]()
Hercules said:Are the pictures of people doing a manna after foundation are faked? Do you see the strings holding their legs up?
Doesn't that just indicate which one is the better goal, a six-pack or manna strength? XD
Jon Douglas said:Doesn't that just indicate which one is the better goal, a six-pack or manna strength? XD
What came first, the manna or the 6 pack? ![]()
FredInChina said:What came first, the manna or the 6 pack?
Don't answer, it's a trick question!
I hate all the quick 60/90 day etc transformations like this one. Its obviously fake/exagerated like in the article above:

Something like the Rocks transformation is more realistic, 20 years to get real results.

Art Vandelay said:I hate all the quick 60/90 day etc transformations like this one. Its obviously fake/exagerated like in the article above:
Something like the Rocks transformation is more realistic, 20 years to get real results.
Rock could have gotten to his physique alot earlier. It's just that his steroid dosages have increased over the last few years.
The rock's best transformation happened 2009-2013 I think
Form follows function, yet the BS never stops.
Seems like having a conscience is a real liability in the fitness industry.
Ravn said:Form follows function, ...
I'm still struggling with this one - you can't do the function unless you have the form, no? E.g. Function: Crack an egg, Form: hit the egg without missing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_follows_function
Derived from the Bauhaus philosophy of design, 'Form follows function' denotes a mindset, where the object's visual appearance is dictated by the function that it was developed for, thus getting rid of all unnecessary ornamentation.
The other day, a friend of mine said that he wanted to train for a six-pack, and that he had downloaded a program that involved tons of situps etc.; i.e. training with the specific purpose of improving looks. On the other end of the scale, one of the advantages of gst is, to my mind, that I don't have to worry about looks at all. Just focus on developing strength and skill, and the looks will come as a side effect. Two different worlds, really.
The rock is on @#$@#!
Ravn said:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_follows_function
Derived from the Bauhaus philosophy of design, 'Form follows function' denotes a mindset, where the object's visual appearance is dictated by the function that it was developed for, thus getting rid of all unnecessary ornamentation.
The other day, a friend of mine said that he wanted to train for a six-pack, and that he had downloaded a program that involved tons of situps etc.; i.e. training with the specific purpose of improving looks. On the other end of the scale, one of the advantages of gst is, to my mind, that I don't have to worry about looks at all. Just focus on developing strength and skill, and the looks will come as a side effect. Two different worlds, really.
Aha, lightbulb moment. A muscle will look (its form) depending on what it is meant for (its function). The fact that 'form' also means how you do something was probably confusing me as well.
Thank you Ravn
SuperBru said:The rock is on @#$@#!
LOL, like most everyone else these days...
How is gymnastics with doping? It's a pretty hot topic in Olympic athletes and professional sport, but I don't think I've ever heard of it in gymnastics.
Art Vandelay said:How is gymnastics with doping? It's a pretty hot topic in Olympic athletes and professional sport, but I don't think I've ever heard of it in gymnastics.
I'm wondering the same thing!
Art Vandelay said:How is gymnastics with doping? It's a pretty hot topic in Olympic athletes and professional sport, but I don't think I've ever heard of it in gymnastics.
Doping happens in EVERY sport.
Gymnasts need to maintain a very high endurance and very high strength throughout all of their training, and they need to even EXCELL their training during competitions (just like every other athlete).
Of course there might be SOME who don't do it, but who the hell knows that? No one.
But in essence, steroids are what separate the talented athletes and best athletes.
fafaedras said:Of course there might be SOME who don't do it, but who the hell knows that? No one.
But in essence, steroids are what separate the talented athletes and best athletes.
I'd say that you're exaggerating things.
There is a likelihood that most athletes inadvertently snuff up on some anti doping regulation like taking the wrong anti-allergy medicine in the off season or whatever but I'd be surprised if most deliberately use prohibited substances to enhance performance. If you get caught you loose your medal, your ranking and your ability to compete for a period of time. That can mean never getting to the olympics or losing your scholarships, training spot etc. And the better you are the more you will be tested.
Also, depending on the short cut taken, doping can have serious effects on the longevity of an athletic career.
In my (limited) experience its the semi-serious hobbyist with a half-assed training plan and visions of glory that goes after magic pills.
Gentlemen, we will not be engaging at all in a doping/steroid conversation.
Cory Fair said:Gentlemen, we will not be engaging at all in a doping/steroid conversation.
Ha, that is why I used "@#$@#!" I learn from my previous mistakes people. ![]()
Cory Fair said:Gentlemen, we will not be engaging at all in a doping/steroid conversation.
Why not?
Coach Sommer talked about steroids in gymnastics. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/all_muscle_no_iron;jsessionid=D60277B88698548D9EE1DE2A8A660A27-mcd02.hydra
It is on the bottom of the page.
I've make my own transformation motivation video and I'm posting it here because I'm just proud of it:) You can discover F1H1 exercises there. It is in my language, so this is about losing 7kg in 10 day (3kg fat).