I just bought some chain to use as weights. 2 1 meter strands I'd estimate weighing about 7 or 8 pounds each. I wanted to start light because I'm using them for some static holds and for pull-ups so while theyre a bit small for curls and presses they help.
It got me thinking about an old idea I had of getting some rope to climb. I workout outside and my options for hanging are limited. I'm wondering what a good height is for hanging a rope and some ideas on how to hang it if I bought one. There's one good branch I know of on my property but its fairly high up at probably 30 feet. I don't really mind rope climbing that high, I've done it before... but I'm worried about how I would initially tie the rope there. What length rope and height should I be shooting for to begin with?