This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Should I avoid training skills all together?

Started by LasersPewPew, August 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 165 Views

LasersPewPew

Hey guys.

 

I have purchased F1 and am loving it, but I am wondering if I should be training any of the skills at all.

 

For example, in the FL progression you are obviously moving towards a full front lever, but in the F1 progression you are not training anything such as a tuck front lever. So, should I abandon trying to train/attempt something like tuck front lever?

 

The same thing could be said about the MN progression. Should I not train L sit at all and just focus on the MN progression in F1?

 

It also may be that training these skills comes later such as in F2, but I wouldn't know that yet since I haven't purchased it yet. If that is the case just let me know and I will be patient!

 

Thanks!

Jon Douglas
LasersPewPew said:

Hey guys.

 

I have purchased F1 and am loving it, but I am wondering if I should be training any of the skills at all.

 

For example, in the FL progression you are obviously moving towards a full front lever, but in the F1 progression you are not training anything such as a tuck front lever. So, should I abandon trying to train/attempt something like tuck front lever?

 

The same thing could be said about the MN progression. Should I not train L sit at all and just focus on the MN progression in F1?

 

It also may be that training these skills comes later such as in F2, but I wouldn't know that yet since I haven't purchased it yet. If that is the case just let me know and I will be patient!

 

Thanks!

Stress not. The foundation progressions go from very general Preparatory Elements to Specific Elements. The biggest change in the programming for a lot of us switching to F1 was the much greater number of pre-requisite movements before being able to get the most out of tuck fl or pl training, for eg. Just be patient, you are building up the final movement one component at a time and systematically rotating through them to ensure that your preparation is thorough :)

LasersPewPew

Thanks for the quick reply!

 

This helps a lot. I will just have to be patient!