This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front lever tuck

Started by Samuel Tan, August 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 222 Views

Samuel Tan

Hi guys, needs some insights. I apologize if I posted this is the wrong section.

 

I've been follow coach's F1 and it's being effective. Though now I'm slowly transiting to other positions from coach's book, Gymnastic Bodies. Last week was my first week after I changed my routine from F1 to my own (which is still the same as F1, just different position using coach's book). I notice that when I do the FL tuck, my shoulders strains a lot and there's some level of muscle pain, as if it's at it's limit. I tried aiming for a 24 seconds hold today but after 15 seconds the pain comes. Is it normal because my strength is not yet a the level to fully support the FL tuck?

Coach Sommer

You are struggling because you are not yet ready for those more advanced FL positions.  

 

Basically you need to follow and master the progressions in F1.  You may then add some of the more advanced FL positions to play with, but they should not be trained seriously until you are ready for them.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

dritar

 Before F1, I was doing the killroy routine and I was doing tuck fl, basically something like a steady state of tuck FL.

 

In the beginning it strained my shoulders, arms and pectorals much like you describe. It went away after a month or so as I began to gain strength in the position.

 

But don't worry about it. I know this is starting to sound like a cliché, but a few weeks ago I played around a bit with the FL progressions after one  F1 workout and the position felt SOLID even though I haven't worked the position at all and just focused on the F1 FL PEs, I almost did an advanced tuck FL.