Finally made it to my first exercise on F2...
. Just wanted to clarify the correct form for the exercise prior to starting. From watching the athlete it's not 100% clear the extent of the lean that should be performed. I naturally assumed it would be the same as the one in sPL/PE6 but it doesn't seem as far to me.
Can someone just clarify this for me? Really excited to progress after spending so long on dem leans.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Elevated Planche Bounce - Extent of lean
Started by HarryBiggle, August 26, 2013 · 4 Replies · 581 Views
i guess it should be the same lean as on sPL/PE6. but your right in the video the lean was to less (i guess).
Lean so far forward that your feet nearly come up off the elevated surface.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:Lean so far forward that your feet nearly come up off the elevated surface.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Wouldn't that depend on how close the edge of the surface is to the rest of your body? In short; this is not really helpful as you'd have to know the exact size of the surface, and also what is the starting point for feet when there is no lean.
I am having bit of the same issue here. I find it really difficult to tell with this movement whether or not I am doing it properly.
In the video of sPL/PE6 the athlete starts with the edge just below his knees and leans so the edge is at the level of his ankles. I use that as a rough guide in sPL/PE6 as it's sometimes difficult to gauge how much lean you got. I suppose it's the same for this PE.
Ultimately the idea is to get a decent lean in so check on a video to find your cues as your setup and body proportions may vary.