Form on my FSPs

Started by Ulrik, August 25, 2013 · 13 Replies · 2,092 Views

Ulrik

Hi

 

I just started BtGB and I'm not sure about my technic. Specially on the planche lean and Tucked in FL (but I can clearly see that I'm not strait tho. Any sugestenions to improvement? Thanks :)

Guest

- Too much lean on planche lean. You should be able to hold it for at least 30 seconds.

- FL looked good, just make sure to retract and depress the scapula when performing it.

- You probably noticed this after you watched the video, but your BL is not close to parallel and your back is arched.

- HS looks solid. Make sure to elevate the scapula, AKA push the ears towards the shoulders.

 

Have you checked out Coach Sommer's product " the Foundation Series"? It will help you achieve Front Lever, Straddle Planche, Side Lever (AKA Human Flag), Manna, Single Legged Squat (and other leg variations), Hollowback Press (AKA 90 Degree Pushup), and Rope Climb. Although it will take awhile to get the final form of all of those, you will get VERY strong along the way. It also has mobility elements, so you will be very limber at the end of it. Check it out, and get back to us!

Ulrik
Awarenesss said:

- Too much lean on planche lean. You should be able to hold it for at least 30 seconds.

- FL looked good, just make sure to retract and depress the scapula when performing it.

- You probably noticed this after you watched the video, but your BL is not close to parallel and your back is arched.

- HS looks solid. Make sure to elevate the scapula, AKA push the ears towards the shoulders.

 

Have you checked out Coach Sommer's product " the Foundation Series"? It will help you achieve Front Lever, Straddle Planche, Side Lever (AKA Human Flag), Manna, Single Legged Squat (and other leg variations), Hollowback Press (AKA 90 Degree Pushup), and Rope Climb. Although it will take awhile to get the final form of all of those, you will get VERY strong along the way. It also has mobility elements, so you will be very limber at the end of it. Check it out, and get back to us!

Thanks for det pointers. I'll keep in mind at tomorrows workout.

 

I have tryed the F1 for 6 weeks and I think it is very little workout. After 6 weeks i lost a lot of strenght, muscle and gained fat at the same wheigt. I think it is to little work for me, not only thinkng about gains, but also the fact that I realy love working out hard and long. So the killroy70-template is better for me in my opinion :)

Hercules

Reread foundation. Pick the appropriate starting point. If all of F1 is easy (i.e. you can do all the elements with good form) then get F2. I haven't seen it, but I know it gets a lot harder :)

Ulrik
Hercules said:

Reread foundation. Pick the appropriate starting point. If all of F1 is easy (i.e. you can do all the elements with good form) then get F2. I haven't seen it, but I know it gets a lot harder :)

I did. Some movements I starten on PE3, some at PE4, some at PE1. The levels of the movemts isnt the problem, bet the volum is. 25-30min was not enough to stimulate the muscle since I am used to training 1-2 hours with heavy multijoint-lifting. But what is wrong with the Killroy70 beginners program?

Vincearoo

Even Killroy has switched to f1 and is admitting f1 to be superior. It may start out with low volume but soon you'll be doing high volume towards the end. Working out for 2 hours is not always better than 30 minutes. There are also several threads about how to maintain progress you've accumulated while combining it with f1.

With that said, I'll throw out another suggestion for you. Turns your hands around to a supinated grip for your BL. The pull up grip for BL is doing nothing for you.

gohei_
Ulrik said:

I did. Some movements I starten on PE3, some at PE4, some at PE1. The levels of the movemts isnt the problem, bet the volum is. 25-30min was not enough to stimulate the muscle since I am used to training 1-2 hours with heavy multijoint-lifting. But what is wrong with the Killroy70 beginners program?

If I may ask, what do you mean by "stimulating the muscle"? How long have you been doing F1?

Hercules

Nothing's really wrong with the kilroy template - it's just that foundation is easier to follow and is better, in most senses of the word.

 

People will all recommend F1 here.

 

If you want to add in more (no specifics, this is the open forum), well, a 20 minute warmup of locomotion drills, floreio work is beneficial (if you're interested), extra strength work, handstand work, weightlifting. Let F1 be your main workout but add on the other stuff as well

 

Less is more

Guest

If you're so strong, why don't you have a front lever or a simple planche lean? Drop the Killroy template and take up F1. Master everything and then F2, then F3, F4. And soon a Ring Series will come out.

SuperBru
Awarenesss said:

- Too much lean on planche lean. You should be able to hold it for at least 30 seconds.

- FL looked good, just make sure to retract and depress the scapula when performing it.

- You probably noticed this after you watched the video, but your BL is not close to parallel and your back is arched.

- HS looks solid. Make sure to elevate the scapula, AKA push the ears towards the shoulders.

 

Have you checked out Coach Sommer's product " the Foundation Series"? It will help you achieve Front Lever, Straddle Planche, Side Lever (AKA Human Flag), Manna, Single Legged Squat (and other leg variations), Hollowback Press (AKA 90 Degree Pushup), and Rope Climb. Although it will take awhile to get the final form of all of those, you will get VERY strong along the way. It also has mobility elements, so you will be very limber at the end of it. Check it out, and get back to us!

You should lean as much as possible in a Planche lean. As has been said before, your hands should roughly be behind your waist line. 

Guest

@SuperBru, I think you misunderstood me. It would not be beneficial for him to hold a correct planche lean for 2 seconds (which he did). In my opinion, he should be starting with minimal lean that he can hold for 30 seconds then slowly increase it over time.

fafaedras

It was hard to see your handstand, but you need more pelvic tilt in it, shoulders looked open to me.

 

Everything else has been pointed out.

SuperBru
Awarenesss said:

@SuperBru, I think you misunderstood me. It would not be beneficial for him to hold a correct planche lean for 2 seconds (which he did). In my opinion, he should be starting with minimal lean that he can hold for 30 seconds then slowly increase it over time.

Really? If this is true than maybe I should do the same.

FredInChina

Wow, is that the new Fukushima Paint on the walls of your gym? :P

 

nuclear-waste-sign.jpeg