Hi, how do I breathe during a free HS without losing my balance?
Am I suppose to breathe slow but deep, or fast but shallow?
Proper Breathing Technique?
Started by BoomShaq, August 25, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,289 Views
I prefer to breath shallow as this makes it easier for me to keep tight and still.
^ Thanks for the reply. I found that to be more effective as well. So do you increase your respiratory rate since you're breathing shallow? And do you inhale all the way down to your lower stomach or just within your upper stomach?
Have not realy thought of the rate but I suppose it increases a bit. But I did find out over time that it realy helped my balance as I kept tighter this way. It's a matter of practise.
^ Thanks for the reply again. I finally learned how to do a free HS for more than 10+ seconds!
My problem was coordinating my diaphragmic breathing with a hollow body, specifically my legs. With your confirmation of shallow breathing and Coach Sommer's recommendation to not overthink and just "breathe naturally," my body just started to connect the dots and I've been HS consistently since.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. It took me a long time to do a proper/straight HS (3+ month) but it was worth it.